Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > New Releases: LIve & Die in LA, Escape from NY, Homicide: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

New Releases: LIve & Die in LA, Escape from NY, Homicide: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

Doug MacLean

Another new week and we are still in the annual September slow announcement
stretch. MGM/UA has announced some additions to their low end catalog for
release on December 2nd. Most are full screen and in stereo with a cost of
$14.98. Included in this series of releases are; Buster, Car 54 Where Are
You, Cops And Robbers, He Walked By Night, Livin' Large, Odds Against
Tomorrow, Once Upon A Crime and Real Men.

Two sultry thrillers are also coming by way of MGM on December 2nd. These
are in mono audio with what was reported as non-anamorphic widescreen video.
Crime Of Passion for $14.98 and the Julie Christie breakout flick, Darling
for $19.98.

MGM does have a few releases for those with 16:9 enhanced televisions. Lord
Love A Duck comes out on December 2nd. Also on that date is To Live And Die
In L.A. (Special Edition) with Dolby 5.1 audio. Extras were given as Deleted
Scenes; Alternate Ending Featurettes; "Counterfeirt World: The Making of To
Live And Die In L.A." Documentary; Audio Commentary by Director William
Friedkin; Photo Gallery; Original Theatrical Trailers. The suggested price
is $19.98.

On December 16th MGM releases Escape From New York (Special Edition). Also
reported with Dolby 5.1 audio and anamorphic video this $29.98 release is
slated to include Exclusive Comic Book: Special Edition of John Carpenter's
Snake Plissken Chronicles; Director and Producer Commentaries; Deleted
Opening Sequence; "Return to Escape From New York" Featurette; Photo
Gallery; Trailers.

Finally from MGM on October 14th is It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World (Special
Edition/ Re-Issue). This is a movie only release, no reported extras
included. The technical specifications are Dolby 5.1 and anamorphic video
for $14.95.

From A.D. Vision the anime release Original Dirty Pair #4: Flight 005
Conspiracy will come out on November 11th. Gene Roddenberry's Earth: Final
Conflict: Face The Horizon (Season Five) will be released on October 28th in
Dolby Surround audio and anamorphic video for $69.98.

A&E will release Homicide: Life On The Street: Season 3 on October 28th for
$99.98. So far the video looks to be full screen with stereo audio.

From EMI set for September 16th; Bill And Gloria Gaither: Rocky Mountain
Homecoming, Passion: Scared Revolution: Live From Oneday 03, Bill And Gloria
Gaither: Red Rocks Homecoming, Blow-Up! and Pat Benatar: Choice Cuts:
Complete Video Collection (Special Edition).

HBO has Pumping Iron: 25th Year Anniversary set for release on November 11th
for $19.98. The extras have not been made official yet. A must have for
Californian election fans.

From Rhino on October 14th. Fleetwood Mac: Tango In The Night, Chicago: A&E
Network Live By Request, Laugh-In: Boxed Set 2: Best Of Rowan And Martin's
Laugh-In, Transformers: Season #3: Volume #1, Transformers: Season #3:
Volume #2, Transformers: Season #3: Volume #3 and the Box set for the three
Transformer releases.

Ventura has some far east action flicks due out on November 4th from the
Shaw brothers. Each is a double feature costing $14.98. Included are Iron
Fist Adventure / Thundering Ninja (Double Feature), Challenge Of Master
Killer / Invincible Super Guy (Double Feature), Guns Of Master Killer /
Raiders Of Buddhist Kung Fu (Double Feature), Begger Of No Equal / Warrior
Of Fire (Double Feature) and Shaolin Quick Draw / White Lotus Trio (Double
Feature).

First Run Features will release the cult classic Boy And His Dog (Special
Edition). While the announcement included the phrase 'Special Edition' no
extras where provided in the announcement. Look for a suggested price of
$24.95.

For baseball fans you might want to check out MLB: 100 Years Of The World
Series (Special Edition) coming from WEA on October 7th for $19.95.

As per an announcement from Fox, Shield: The Complete 2nd Season has moved
from the status of Postponed to Cancelled. No word as to any immediate plans
for the release. Considering how the first season was handled it will be a
disappointed by some.

Universal Music has some titles set for next week, September 16th. Included
are Jimi Hendrix: Jimi Plays Berkeley, Best Of Slednecks, Limite: Gracias
and Urban Street: Bike Warriors.

in several formats as well as daily changes. The official list now
features32,786 titles with 128 additions or changes and 500 Pre-Release
announcements. The All Titles list has 33,286 titles. Recent releases
include: Last Week 252, This Week 208 and Next Week 175 titles.

Preview of Sopranos Season 4 and Smallville, Scarface. Reviews of Kiss
Symphony, Outer Limits Season 2, The Two Towers, Chicago and All That Jazz.
Past film reviews include Wait Until Dark, Daredevil, Them, Phone Booth,
Gangs of New York, It Came From Beneath the Sea, Spun, The Hulk Original TV
Pilot, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Real Women Have Curves, The
Day the Earth Stood Still , Them, Usual Suspects and Gormenghast . Coming
titles listed before all the specs are in can be found in a new list,
http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/pre-releases.htm

Updated lists for discontinued, cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles
as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and
original release dates now being added to the database. There is also a
greatly expanded list of titles that were rescheduled or reissued. Search
function for the database, (now including UPC search) complements of site
partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem
(http://kazart.com/mec/DVDList2.html) and DVDLister.

Updates to the DVD database, including release specs usually made twice
daily.

Please stop by and visit.
Thank you.
--
Doug MacLean
http://www.hometheaterinfo.com

ominousspiritous

> As per an announcement from Fox, Shield: The Complete 2nd Season has moved
> from the status of Postponed to Cancelled. No word as to any immediate

plans
> for the release. Considering how the first season was handled it will be a
> disappointed by some.

What the ****?!?!?!?! Why????

Doug MacLean

"ominousspiritous"
<o123misssn456ous789spfdwweirit9887ofewfusYOURsaaa fsewqfCLaffadfOTHES@at654t
biYOURCLOTHEaaaaaaaaaSfds.c321om> wrote in message

> > As per an announcement from Fox, Shield: The Complete 2nd Season has

moved
> > from the status of Postponed to Cancelled. No word as to any immediate

> plans
> > for the release. Considering how the first season was handled it will be

> > disappointed by some.

> What the f__k?!?!?!?! Why????

Typical of postponement and cancellation announcements no reason was
provided. Since status can change without notice for most studios there is
some hope that the DVD release of season two may be revived once season
three starts.
--

Doug MacLean
Home Theater Info

Vlvetmorning98

>. Also on that date is To Live And Die
>In L.A. (Special Edition) with Dolby 5.1 audio.

woo hoo!!!

Jeeters

"Vlvetmorning98" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >. Also on that date is To Live And Die
> >In L.A. (Special Edition) with Dolby 5.1 audio.

> woo hoo!!!

Yup! I think instead of "Special Edition", it should be the "Frickin' About
Time Edition".

Dec Berd

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 20:36:21 -0400, "Jeeters" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Vlvetmorning98" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >. Also on that date is To Live And Die
>> >In L.A. (Special Edition) with Dolby 5.1 audio.

>> woo hoo!!!

>Yup! I think instead of "Special Edition", it should be the "Frickin' About
>Time Edition".

Do you spoiled juvenile delinquents ever sit and read what you type?

It's pathetic sometimes. You'll just wait until it's time for a DVD to be released, no matter how much you
stamp your little feet.

Prof. Speedbyrd :>

MR_ED_of_Course

in article http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed), Dec Berd at
(E-Mail Removed) wrote on 9/9/03 8:07 PM:

> On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 20:36:21 -0400, "Jeeters" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>> "Vlvetmorning98" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> woo hoo!!!

>> Yup! I think instead of "Special Edition", it should be the "Frickin' About
>> Time Edition".
>>

> Do you spoiled juvenile delinquents ever sit and read what you type?
>
> It's pathetic sometimes. You'll just wait until it's time for a DVD to be
> released, no matter how much you
> stamp your little feet.
>
> Prof. Speedbyrd :>

Have you ever once in your life offered *anything* that contributes in
anyway to any thread?

Is there a reason why you change your name every other day? Is this to make
it harder to filter your idiotic one-liner responses?

As far as To Live and Die in LA...this is one of my favorite movies of all
time. I'm pretty excited to see it released in 5.1.