Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > NEWBIE QUESTION

NEWBIE QUESTION

Dragon

Is it possible to put to original dvds on to one dvdr, I am new to this and
I was just wondering to save disk and space I could double up. any advise
if I can do it and how would be grateful

cheers Dave

mrbingley

"Dragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4K47b.344$p%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is it possible to put to original dvds on to one dvdr, I am new to this

and
> I was just wondering to save disk and space I could double up. any advise
> if I can do it and how would be grateful
>
> cheers Dave

www.dvdrhelp.com is the place to go.
When you've learnt everything there you should be ready to sit your masters
degree in cinematography. )))

Chris.

Max Volume

In article <bN47b.4483$(E-Mail Removed)>, mrbingley
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> www.dvdrhelp.com is the place to go.
> When you've learnt everything there you should be ready to sit your masters
> degree in cinematography. )))

Master's degree in PIRACY you mean. Better yet, I'd like to see this
moron GET a degree in cinematography, spend years, nay, DECADES working
on his film, only to make ZERO money on it because some other little
bastard posts it on the internet and everyone burns pirate DVD-Rs of
it.

Nick Le Lievre

"Max Volume" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:080920031855224425%(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <bN47b.4483$(E-Mail Removed)>, mrbingley
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > www.dvdrhelp.com is the place to go.
> > When you've learnt everything there you should be ready to sit your

masters
> > degree in cinematography. )))

> Master's degree in PIRACY you mean. Better yet, I'd like to see this
> moron GET a degree in cinematography, spend years, nay, DECADES working
> on his film, only to make ZERO money on it because some other little
> bastard posts it on the internet and everyone burns pirate DVD-Rs of
> it.

Chances are if they`re downloading it - it`d be a shite quality version
anyway divX or VCD/SVCD with stereo sound I don`t think they`re many pirates
with the patience to download a 4.3gb dvd rip on there 0.5mbit connections.

Pug Fugley2

You've got it a bit backwards. A standard DVD would take TWO DVD-R's, so you
would actually be doubling the number of discs you have.

A standard movie is 9 gigs, a DVD-R is 4.3 gigs.

"Dragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4K47b.344$p%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is it possible to put to original dvds on to one dvdr, I am new to this

and
> I was just wondering to save disk and space I could double up. any advise
> if I can do it and how would be grateful
>
> cheers Dave

Max Volume

In article <bjj4dv$iti52$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>, Nick Le Lievre
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Chances are if they`re downloading it - it`d be a shite quality version
> anyway divX or VCD/SVCD with stereo sound I don`t think they`re many pirates
> with the patience to download a 4.3gb dvd rip on there 0.5mbit connections.

Wow, you're REALLY naive. Think about it, download the thing or have
to actually PAY for it, or risk being the only kid in school who
DOESN'T have it? And I thought *I* was out of touch with today's
youth.

Jason O'Rourke

Max Volume <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Chances are if they`re downloading it - it`d be a shite quality version
>> anyway divX or VCD/SVCD with stereo sound I don`t think they`re many pirates
>> with the patience to download a 4.3gb dvd rip on there 0.5mbit connections.

>Wow, you're REALLY naive. Think about it, download the thing or have
>to actually PAY for it, or risk being the only kid in school who
>DOESN'T have it? And I thought *I* was out of touch with today's
>youth.

Yet we all know that kids today are so ****ing lazy that they couldn't
possible go through the effort it would take to uudecode 670 pieces into
one big crappy quality camcorder knockoff - not when you can pay a few bucks
for the disc already done.

Download speeds aren't that bad, but it's still 10-15 hours with a good
DSL/cable connection, and if you had to upload it, the speed typically
drops to ISDN speeds. It's currently only viable for people whose time
has no value, so it's not a great threat to overall profits.

--
Jason O'Rourke www.jor.com

Max Volume

In article <bjj6b9$1cv0$(E-Mail Removed)>, Jason O'Rourke
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Yet we all know that kids today are so ****ing lazy that they couldn't
> possible go through the effort it would take to uudecode 670 pieces into
> one big crappy quality camcorder knockoff - not when you can pay a few bucks
> for the disc already done.

Dude, you REALLY know dick about kids today. Sure, they're too ****ing
lazy to get a JOB so they can actually BUY DVDs (cuts into their
"hanging out" time, or whatever they call doing nothing these days),
but they will sure as hell decode waaay too many pieces of ANYTHING
just to get it without paying for it. In fact, my newsreader downloads
and merges everything for me, which I'd assume is the case with a lot
of kids who pirate this ****. Of course I'd say that Kazaa, etc. are
used a LOT more frequently than newsgroups, which means that not only
are they stupid enough to accept compressed-to-**** DivX copies of
movies (without all the extras), they're also dumb enough to install
software that leaves their computer wide open to other little bastards
wanting copies of what they've downloaded.

> Download speeds aren't that bad, but it's still 10-15 hours with a good
> DSL/cable connection, and if you had to upload it, the speed typically
> drops to ISDN speeds. It's currently only viable for people whose time
> has no value, so it's not a great threat to overall profits.

Again, you know dick about kids. Their time HAS no value. They queue
what they want, then grab their celly and are out the door. Barring
any power outages or clueless parents, when they come back, boom --
Matrix Reloaded.

Dragon

Right you lot, how come when you mention about backing up a original dvd
every one thinks PIRACY. yes I have copies of films that people have give
me I wont lie about that but, I want to back up my Disney ORIGINAL make a
note not COPIES so my son wont damage them as most of you know Disney are
collectable so I want to put them away and he does watch a lot of Disney
films. So for those of you out there that think every one is PIRATING films
think before you post on here. There are some people out there just wanting
to backup stuff not to make money. And if I wanted to make money I wouldn't
be posting on a newsgroup for help let me assure you. GOD HASN'T EVERY ONE
GOT SUSPICIOUS MINDS

Dave

"Pug Fugley2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2J87b.29$(E-Mail Removed) et...
> You've got it a bit backwards. A standard DVD would take TWO DVD-R's, so

you
> would actually be doubling the number of discs you have.
>
> A standard movie is 9 gigs, a DVD-R is 4.3 gigs.
>

> "Dragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4K47b.344$p%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Is it possible to put to original dvds on to one dvdr, I am new to this

> and
> > I was just wondering to save disk and space I could double up. any

advise
> > if I can do it and how would be grateful
> >
> > cheers Dave

CAM

On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 22:54:04 GMT, Max Volume <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>In article <bN47b.4483$(E-Mail Removed)>, mrbingley
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> www.dvdrhelp.com is the place to go.
>> When you've learnt everything there you should be ready to sit your masters
>> degree in cinematography. )))

>Master's degree in PIRACY you mean. Better yet, I'd like to see this
>moron GET a degree in cinematography, spend years, nay, DECADES working
>on his film, only to make ZERO money on it because some other little
>bastard posts it on the internet and everyone burns pirate DVD-Rs of
>it.

The problem with that argument is the dvd rot on original dvd movies.
I've had to many get dvd rot which can only happen on dual layer media
which is what the movie moguls use to place dvd movies onto.

If you don't want to keep buying the same title over and over again
you make a copy which is just as good as the original.

I've backed up all my dvd movies I've bought now. It is legal to own a
backup in this part of the world a slong as the user owns the
original. Not legal to sell copies.

To make a perfect copy.

dvd decrypter
www.dvddecrypter.com