Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Aliens box set?

Aliens box set?

Jo Ann

I went to Suncoast Video store last month and wanted to order the "box DVD
set" that included the 4 Alien movies and the order was placed only to get a
call two weeks later that they now do not have it. Does anyone know what is
going on with the movies? Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble have them listed on
their web site.

--
Jo Ann
(FYI: remove the x when replying back)

GlassPrison

"Jo Ann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:qr46b.5075$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> I went to Suncoast Video store last month and wanted to order the "box DVD
> set" that included the 4 Alien movies and the order was placed only to get

> call two weeks later that they now do not have it. Does anyone know what

is
> going on with the movies? Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble have them listed

on
> their web site.

discontinued. They're supposedly redoing all the films with extra features,
anamorphic widescreen, etc, etc. be patient

Dan

hal

In article <qr46b.5075$(E-Mail Removed)> ,
(E-Mail Removed) says...

>I went to Suncoast Video store last month and wanted to order the "box DVD
>set" that included the 4 Alien movies and the order was placed only to get a
>call two weeks later that they now do not have it. Does anyone know what is
>going on with the movies? Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble have them listed on
>their web site.
>
>--
>Jo Ann
>(E-Mail Removed)
>(FYI: remove the x when replying back)
>"Aspire to go as far as your greatest strengths will take you, but realize
>that you'll get no further than your greatest weakness will allow."

Last I heard it was slated for a November 11 release. You'd probably save a
significant amount of money either pre-ordering it from Amazon or waiting for
Best Buy/Circuit City's first week discount price. Suncoast is a ripoff,
usually.

Hal

hal

In article <mE46b.3790$J6.3395@pd7tw3no>, (E-Mail Removed) says...

>"Jo Ann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:qr46b.5075$(E-Mail Removed) om...
>> I went to Suncoast Video store last month and wanted to order the "box DVD
>> set" that included the 4 Alien movies and the order was placed only to get

>> call two weeks later that they now do not have it. Does anyone know what

>is
>> going on with the movies? Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble have them listed

>on
>> their web site.

>discontinued. They're supposedly redoing all the films with extra features,
>anamorphic widescreen, etc, etc. be patient
>
>Dan

Sorry, I thought the Alien Quadrilogy box was what she was referring to. Quite
right, the older version is discontinued. I don't know if the Nov. 11 date for
the new one is firm or not.

CLOSEDOWN8

December 16 is the latest date I've heard for "Alien Quadrilogy"
--------------------------------
"That's the worst reverse-acting I've ever seen!" -Sam Raimi

Help bring "Freaks and Geeks" to DVD at http://www.freaksandgeeks.com/dvd/

Frohike

"GlassPrison" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> "Jo Ann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:qr46b.5075$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> > I went to Suncoast Video store last month and wanted to order the "box

DVD
> > set" that included the 4 Alien movies and the order was placed only to

get
> > call two weeks later that they now do not have it. Does anyone know

what
> is
> > going on with the movies? Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble have them listed

> on
> > their web site.

> discontinued. They're supposedly redoing all the films with extra

features,
> anamorphic widescreen, etc, etc. be patient
>
> Dan

Holy ****, does it mean I gotta buy this set again? God damn, I paid $70 for
the first one. How many ****in' times do I gotta buy each movie? I got 3
Terminators, 2 Fifth Elements, 2 each of 3 James Bonds, 2 Platoons, 2
Princess Brides, 2 Crouching Tigers, 2 Hidden Dragons, 2 Bug's Lives, 2
Tarzans, 2 Halloweens, 2 Mummies, 2 Saving Private Ryans, 2 Dances With
Wolves, 2 Black Hawks Down, 2 Boogie Nights, 2 Hannibals, 2 Reservoir Dogs,
2 Professionals, 2 Sixth Senses and 10 Armies of Darkness. What the **** is
going on???

Jay G

"Frohike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> Holy ****, does it mean I gotta buy this set again? God damn, I paid $70

for
> the first one. How many ****in' times do I gotta buy each movie? I got 3
> Terminators, 2 Fifth Elements, 2 each of 3 James Bonds, 2 Platoons, 2
> Princess Brides, 2 Crouching Tigers, 2 Hidden Dragons, 2 Bug's Lives, 2
> Tarzans, 2 Halloweens, 2 Mummies, 2 Saving Private Ryans, 2 Dances With
> Wolves, 2 Black Hawks Down, 2 Boogie Nights, 2 Hannibals, 2 Reservoir

Dogs,
> 2 Professionals, 2 Sixth Senses and 10 Armies of Darkness. What the ****

is
> going on???

The studios have pegged you for a sucker. I mean, damn man,
you don't have to buy every DVD title that gets reissued, sometimes
with dubious new features.

-Jay

ominousspiritous

"Jay G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Frohike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> > Holy ****, does it mean I gotta buy this set again? God damn, I paid $70

> for
> > the first one. How many ****in' times do I gotta buy each movie? I got 3
> > Terminators, 2 Fifth Elements, 2 each of 3 James Bonds, 2 Platoons, 2
> > Princess Brides, 2 Crouching Tigers, 2 Hidden Dragons, 2 Bug's Lives, 2
> > Tarzans, 2 Halloweens, 2 Mummies, 2 Saving Private Ryans, 2 Dances With
> > Wolves, 2 Black Hawks Down, 2 Boogie Nights, 2 Hannibals, 2 Reservoir

> Dogs,
> > 2 Professionals, 2 Sixth Senses and 10 Armies of Darkness.

....And a partridge in a pear treeeeeeee....

Tarkus

On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 04:53:53 GMT, Frohike wrote:

> Holy ****, does it mean I gotta buy this set again? God damn, I paid $70 for

No, you don't.

> the first one. How many ****in' times do I gotta buy each movie? I got 3

As many times as you want.

> Terminators, 2 Fifth Elements, 2 each of 3 James Bonds, 2 Platoons, 2
> Princess Brides, 2 Crouching Tigers, 2 Hidden Dragons, 2 Bug's Lives, 2
> Tarzans, 2 Halloweens, 2 Mummies, 2 Saving Private Ryans, 2 Dances With
> Wolves, 2 Black Hawks Down, 2 Boogie Nights, 2 Hannibals, 2 Reservoir Dogs,
> 2 Professionals, 2 Sixth Senses and 10 Armies of Darkness. What the **** is
> going on???

Lack of self-control?
--
"We accidentally replaced your heart with a baked potato. You have
about three seconds to live."

Now playing: the radio

Mike Kohary

On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 04:53:53 GMT, "Frohike" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Holy ****, does it mean I gotta buy this set again? God damn, I paid $70 for
>the first one. How many ****in' times do I gotta buy each movie? I got 3
>Terminators, 2 Fifth Elements, 2 each of 3 James Bonds, 2 Platoons, 2
>Princess Brides, 2 Crouching Tigers, 2 Hidden Dragons, 2 Bug's Lives, 2
>Tarzans, 2 Halloweens, 2 Mummies, 2 Saving Private Ryans, 2 Dances With
>Wolves, 2 Black Hawks Down, 2 Boogie Nights, 2 Hannibals, 2 Reservoir Dogs,
>2 Professionals, 2 Sixth Senses and 10 Armies of Darkness. What the **** is
>going on???

Why do you keep buying them just because they come out with a new
edition?

Mike
--

"On second thought, let's not | Mike Kohary
go to Camelot. It is a silly | (E-Mail Removed)

Cinema Paradiso http://www.kohary.com/movies