Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Beach Party redux

Beach Party redux

Dyuob Poltice

Well, I finally got Beach Party, Muscle Beach Party and Ski Party.
Worth every penny.
Run out and buy them today!!!!!
============================

http://www.onlinerock.com/musicians/dyuob/
"In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart,
or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant."

Scot Gardner

"Dyuob Poltice" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well, I finally got Beach Party, Muscle Beach Party and Ski
> Party. Worth every penny.
> Run out and buy them today!!!!!

The American International quickie Beach Party movies all have throwaway
songs, forgettable dialogue, poor dubbing, lousy twist music, asinine
situations, ridiculous plot and plenty of semi-nude gyrating bodies.

However, _Ski Party_ is absolutely the worst movie in the Beach
collection as well as being one of the worst movies ever made. Frankie
Avalon and Dwayne Hickman in drag. It's kind of like Ernest meets _Some
Like It Hot_.

_Ski Party_ is so bad that MGM threw it in with _Muscle Beach Party_.

Dyuob Poltice

On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 20:48:19 -0700, "Scot Gardner" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Dyuob Poltice" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Well, I finally got Beach Party, Muscle Beach Party and Ski
>> Party. Worth every penny.
>> Run out and buy them today!!!!!

>The American International quickie Beach Party movies all have throwaway
>songs, forgettable dialogue, poor dubbing, lousy twist music, asinine
>situations, ridiculous plot and plenty of semi-nude gyrating bodies.
>
>However, _Ski Party_ is absolutely the worst movie in the Beach
>collection as well as being one of the worst movies ever made. Frankie
>Avalon and Dwayne Hickman in drag. It's kind of like Ernest meets _Some
>Like It Hot_.
>
>_Ski Party_ is so bad that MGM threw it in with _Muscle Beach Party_.

And that is why I like them.
Sometimes, it's just fun to watch a film without trying to find all the
levels of meaning, esp. if there aren't any.
Plus, it does remind me of growing up in the '60s.

============================

http://www.onlinerock.com/musicians/dyuob/
"In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart,
or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant."

DVD Verdict reviews: KISS OF DEATH (1947), DISNEY SING ALONG SONGS: DISNEYLAND FUN AND BEACH PARTY AT WALT DISNEY WORLD, and more! DVD Verdict DVD Video 1 02-16-2006 03:35 PM
CCNA or CCIE in Virginia Beach Gary Cisco 0 12-13-2005 05:29 PM
Myrtle Beach Technoholic The Lounge 7 07-09-2005 08:15 PM
training centers in jupiter/north palm beach florida? Giselle MCSD 2 03-31-2005 01:11 AM
X-Files DVD - 'Beach Party' extras? Fire3Sky DVD Video 0 04-01-2004 08:26 AM

Advertisments