Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Alias vs. Buffy/Angel packaging

Alias vs. Buffy/Angel packaging

jayembee

"Brian \"Demolition Man\" Little" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Its scary sometimes watching the way customers treat products
> like DVDs on the floor, they just assume that nothing can
> damage them so they toss them around and jiggle them in
> multiple directions. I have had to defective out quite a few
> DVDs after said customer had done such acts then decided not
> to buy said DVD.

Unfortunately, that's the only real way to tell if the disc
has come off the hub before getting it home (or getting out
to the parking lot and opening the case).

-- jayembee

Writer R5

I prefer keep cases in general, but like the way B5, DS9, and CSI are packaged.

GENRE ONLINE.NET: The Web Resource For Home Video Entertainment & More
http://www.genreonline.net
Mark A. Rivera - Writer/Reviewer/Editor/Webmaster

Black Locust

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Brian \"Demolition Man\" Little" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Its scary sometimes watching the way customers treat products
> like DVDs on the floor, they just assume that nothing can
> damage them so they toss them around and jiggle them in
> multiple directions. I have had to defective out quite a few
> DVDs after said customer had done such acts then decided not
> to buy said DVD.

I actually had this problem with my season 3 of Buffy set. When I opened
it up I discovered disc 1 one had been knocked loose and it had been
scuffed up by the "fingers" that hold the disc in place pretty badly.
The strange thing is it wasn't the result of careless idiots in the
store throwing the box around. I know this because I purchased the set
the day it was released and one of the employees at Best Buy handed it
to me straight out of their storage box(he was just getting ready to put
them on the shelf). So it must have been knocked loose while being
shipped. Fortunately the disc still plays fine on my players. Though I
once tried to play the disc on my friends Xbox and the damn thing locked
up on the main menu. Just goes to show you that video game consoles are
NOT good DVD players.
--
BL