Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re: VOB and IFO file help needed

Re: VOB and IFO file help needed

DVDHelp.us

On 27 Aug 2003, "dewittian" <(E-Mail Removed)> spake thusly, as
shown in news:KH23b.34585$(E-Mail Removed) gy.com:

> I'm new to ripping encoding and backing up my DVD's.
> I have a big hard drive and a good DVD burner.
> I put my DVD all in 1 sub-directory and the software
> created 7 (.VOB) files and 1 (.IFO) file.
> I can watch the movie with realplayer but it only plays
> 1 .VOB file at a time.

Use DVD Shrink for ripping. It will make this process a lot ewasier.

> How can I tie them together like so they play the whole movie without
> interruptions? What file am I missing? Is this group the right one to
> ask for help in this kind of question?

You can burn the DVD with Nero, assuming you have the VOB files, IFO files,
and BUP files. Head over to http://www.dvdhelp.us and hang out in the Help
Area (ie - forums) to get a better understanding of this whole thing. We'll
help you out - no problem.

--
Jake

Webmaster