Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re: VOB and IFO file help needed

Re: VOB and IFO file help needed

DVDHelp.us

On 28 Aug 2003, "dewittian" <(E-Mail Removed)> spake thusly,
as shown in newsWm3b.35196$(E-Mail Removed) gy.com:

> This may sound stupid but why didn't real player, music match jukebox,
> or Microsoft put that ability in their players. It would seem like a
> no brainer to someone talking about playing video media on a computer
> would automatically ad the ability to play those files from a hard
> drive as well as from a disk?

Because to do so would potentially make it easier for their products to be
used for inappropriate purposes (ie - piracy) and since they are major
"anti-piracy" companies, they don't bother.

--
Jake

Webmaster
http://www.dvdhelp.us