Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re: DVD sketches

Re: DVD sketches

DVDHelp.us

On 29 Aug 2003, "Gus Noon" <(E-Mail Removed)> spake thusly, as shown in
news:3f4f14bb$(E-Mail Removed):

> I have a dvd full of comedy sketches but do not have a dvd burner is
> there any software that will let me copy some of the sketches to my HD
> and then burn them to CDR I have never tried copying stuff from dvd
> before so any help will be appreited **** my spelling
> Cheers!

There's an excellent site for this.. Um.. what was that name again? Oh
yeah... "DVDHelp.us" <G>

What you're referring to is a VCD or SVCD, depending on what your DVD
player supports. (SVCD is the better of the two, by the way.)

Visit http://www.dvdhelp.us

You'll need the following programs and tutorials:

DVD Shrink (to rip)

DVD2AVI (to frameserve... it isn't as hard as it sounds)

TMPGEnc (to reencode to VCD/SVCD)

DVDHelp.us TMPGEnc templates (so that you get the settings right in
TMPGEnc)

Hang out in the Help Area (ie - forums) and you'll pick up on this stuff
quickly. Some of the best video experts in the world spend their time
there.

--
Jake

Webmaster