Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re: projector resolution

Re: projector resolution

Grand Inquisitor

Joshua Zyber wrote:
>(of course everybody
>>knows about the inherent black level problem with LCD projectors)

> The gap is closing, and most current DLP models have perfectly solid
> black levels.

But the cheap ones are DLP, and he was asking about the cheap ones,
you're not paying attention to what I'm saying.

> Front projection is the true future of home theater. Anything else is
> just a TV.

No, it ain't. The future is high definition wallpaper (seriously, there
are about one hundred research institutions and corporations already
working on wall-sized displays on paper-thin material).

and tagging wildebeests."
--Michael J. Nelson

Grand Inquisitor

Joshua Zyber

"Grand Inquisitor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:v9T4b.92967$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > The gap is closing, and most current DLP models have perfectly solid
> > black levels.

> But the cheap ones are DLP, and he was asking about the cheap ones,
> you're not paying attention to what I'm saying.

Should I assume that you meant to say "the cheap one's *aren't* DLP"?
The Infocus X1 is DLP, very affordable, and has good black levels.