Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Holy Grail CE -- what the...?

Holy Grail CE -- what the...?

Max Volume

Hey folks,

I noticed there's gonna be yet another DVD release of Monty Python and
the Holy Grail later this month (and no, I'm not just confused and
thinking about the new "Meaning of Life" release). Anyone know if it's
just a boxed set with the extra materials (booklet, etc.) packed
together with the relatively recent "Special Edition" of the film in
its full packaging, or is a specially-designed box that holds all the
extra stuff plus the two discs?

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, when the new "Meaning of Life" DVD is released, I'd be interested
to know what you all think of it -- I won't be buying it right away,
and most rental stores around here don't stock new versions if they
already have an older version for rent.

Grand Inquisitor

Max Volume wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> I noticed there's gonna be yet another DVD release of Monty Python and
> the Holy Grail later this month (and no, I'm not just confused and
> thinking about the new "Meaning of Life" release). Anyone know if it's
> just a boxed set with the extra materials (booklet, etc.) packed
> together with the relatively recent "Special Edition" of the film in
> its full packaging, or is a specially-designed box that holds all the
> extra stuff plus the two discs?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Also, when the new "Meaning of Life" DVD is released, I'd be interested
> to know what you all think of it -- I won't be buying it right away,
> and most rental stores around here don't stock new versions if they
> already have an older version for rent.

It includes a film cel, assorted goodies, and a paperback of the script,
otherwise the 2-disc set it includes is the same as the original 2-disc set.

and tagging wildebeests."
--Michael J. Nelson

Grand Inquisitor

Max Volume

In article <e2T4b.92965$(E-Mail Removed)>, Grand Inquisitor
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> It includes a film cel, assorted goodies, and a paperback of the script,
> otherwise the 2-disc set it includes is the same as the original 2-disc set.

Ah, I see. So the package that's currently on shelves now is just
thrown into a box with the rest of it, right? Just don't want to miss
anything if I wait for the CE.

ANN: Quest for the Holy Grail (a PyGame game) Greg Ewing Python 1 08-01-2006 06:19 AM
Monty Python and the Holy Grail SE DVD questions Mark DVD Video 0 04-11-2005 04:29 PM
Holy Grail of DVDs April 26th Aphelion DVD Video 16 02-22-2005 03:00 AM
And for the holy grail... Sky ASP .Net 3 01-28-2004 12:22 PM
New Holy Grail CE - subtitle problem fixed ?? hal DVD Video 0 09-15-2003 04:42 PM

Advertisments