Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re: New Animial House DVD outrage!!!!

Re: New Animial House DVD outrage!!!!

Ray

makcda wrote:

> I just bought the new "Animal House" Double secret probation DVD.
> When you load the DVD you get commercials for other Universal DVDs.
> You cannot skip to the menu by any means, you cannot even stop the
> DVD!!!!!!!! You have to wait until the commercials are done
> playing!!!!!! I paid my money and now I must be subjected to these
> commercials every time I load the DVD!!!! I will return the DVD to
> best buy. If they don't take it back because its been opened I'll
> deal with Universal directly.

Thanks for the heads-up. I was planning on buying this little gem when I got
paid Friday. Instead, I went to the Universal web site and sent them an
e-mail telling them I'm not buying it, and why. Told'em I really want the
DVD, but not if it does this. I pointed out that there are plenty of other
DVDs I really want that don't do this kind of nonsense, so I won't be at a
loss for new movies to spend money on. If there's a second edition that
behaves itself, I'll be ready to buy.

If enough folks do this, it *might* make a difference.

Peter

Ray wrote:
> makcda wrote:
>

>>I just bought the new "Animal House" Double secret probation DVD.
>>When you load the DVD you get commercials for other Universal DVDs.
>>You cannot skip to the menu by any means, you cannot even stop the
>>DVD!!!!!!!! You have to wait until the commercials are done
>>playing!!!!!! I paid my money and now I must be subjected to these
>>commercials every time I load the DVD!!!! I will return the DVD to
>>best buy. If they don't take it back because its been opened I'll
>>deal with Universal directly.

> Thanks for the heads-up. I was planning on buying this little gem when I got
> paid Friday. Instead, I went to the Universal web site and sent them an
> e-mail telling them I'm not buying it, and why. Told'em I really want the
> DVD, but not if it does this. I pointed out that there are plenty of other
> DVDs I really want that don't do this kind of nonsense, so I won't be at a
> loss for new movies to spend money on. If there's a second edition that
> behaves itself, I'll be ready to buy.
>
> If enough folks do this, it *might* make a difference.

I sent them a similar e-mail aswell. I also sent Fox an e-mail asking
why their box sets of Futurama and Simpsons have to have an extra sheet
GLUED to the back of the packaging.. With nasty tough glue aswell.

Is there any petitions online about the forced commercials yet ?

--
At the source of every error which is blamed on the
computer you will find at least two human errors,

jayembee

Peter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I also sent Fox an e-mail asking why their box sets of Futurama and
>Simpsons have to have an extra sheet GLUED to the back of the
>packaging.. With nasty tough glue aswell.

In what universe are you buying your Fox sets? Because in this one,
those sheets aren't glued to the boxes, let alone with "nasty tough
glue".

They are attached with a slightly sticky globule of something that
peels off so easily and cleanly it's astonishing.

-- jayembee

Black Locust

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
jayembee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> In what universe are you buying your Fox sets? Because in this one,
> those sheets aren't glued to the boxes, let alone with "nasty tough
> glue".
>
> They are attached with a slightly sticky globule of something that
> peels off so easily and cleanly it's astonishing.

I was wondering the same thing. The only sets I've bought from Fox are
Buffy and Angel, but they've all had that rubber glue **** that peels
off like warm butter.

--
BL

Peter

jayembee wrote:
> Peter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>I also sent Fox an e-mail asking why their box sets of Futurama and
>>Simpsons have to have an extra sheet GLUED to the back of the
>>packaging.. With nasty tough glue aswell.

> In what universe are you buying your Fox sets? Because in this one,
> those sheets aren't glued to the boxes, let alone with "nasty tough
> glue".
>
> They are attached with a slightly sticky globule of something that
> peels off so easily and cleanly it's astonishing.
>
> -- jayembee

Umm, no.. I wish I was in your universe. Because the glue is the
toughest thing to come off.. And once I do get it off, it leaves a
sticky residue, which i've had to use goo gone on.

They do NOT come off easily, like that glue that peels off nicely....