Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > How do I limit the bandwidth to each user on the wireless router?

How do I limit the bandwidth to each user on the wireless router?

=?Utf-8?B?QWxleA==?=

I have a linsys wireless router. Some of the users are abusing the bandwidth
making it difficult for others to surf the internet. Is there any way to set
limits to each user so that nobody ends up using too much of the internet.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi

You have two basic options.
1. Computer level control, see here, http://www.ezlan.net/monitor.html
2. Hardware with QQS control.
This option is available on, D-Link DGL-4300, or by using Linksys WRT54G
v1,to v4 (NA in v5) with 3rd party firmware.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

This option is available on, D-Link DGL-4300, or by using Linksys WRT54G
v1,to v4 (NA in v5) with 3rd party firmware.

"Alex" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a linsys wireless router. Some of the users are abusing the
>bandwidth
> making it difficult for others to surf the internet. Is there any way to
> set
> limits to each user so that nobody ends up using too much of the internet.

Lem

Alex wrote:
> I have a linsys wireless router. Some of the users are abusing the bandwidth
> making it difficult for others to surf the internet. Is there any way to set
> limits to each user so that nobody ends up using too much of the internet.

Probably. Check out the forums at http://www.linksysinfo.org/index.php

If you're persistent, you can probably find someone there who can
explain to you how to do it.

Of course, the brute force way to do it with a stock Linksys router is
to limit the abusers to certain time periods only. Or you can block
certain websites or services (like FTP). See the "access restrictions"
tab on the router configuration pages. But the customized firmware and
other apps & knowledge from linksysinfo will be probably lead to a more
elegant solution.

=?Utf-8?B?QWxleA==?=

Thanks for the response

"Lem" wrote:

> Alex wrote:
> > I have a linsys wireless router. Some of the users are abusing the bandwidth
> > making it difficult for others to surf the internet. Is there any way to set
> > limits to each user so that nobody ends up using too much of the internet.

> Probably. Check out the forums at http://www.linksysinfo.org/index.php
>
> If you're persistent, you can probably find someone there who can
> explain to you how to do it.
>
> Of course, the brute force way to do it with a stock Linksys router is
> to limit the abusers to certain time periods only. Or you can block
> certain websites or services (like FTP). See the "access restrictions"
> tab on the router configuration pages. But the customized firmware and
> other apps & knowledge from linksysinfo will be probably lead to a more
> elegant solution.

anssparacha anssparacha is offline
Junior Member

i am using dlink DWR-113 router how can i am using bandwidth ???plz help me i am so tired.my cuzn used on laptop when he used my speed is down so i am try whose ip gets only a fix speed so plz help me

Bandwidth limit per user tm4525@aol.com Cisco 0 02-15-2005 04:46 PM
Bandwidth limit? hakim soso Cisco 2 10-31-2004 10:03 PM
Limit bandwidth infocde Cisco 3 04-06-2004 05:54 PM
Bandwidth limit on Cisco routers Mirek Cisco 2 02-24-2004 11:56 PM
Bandwidth Limit on 2610 with a PPP? IHateSpam Cisco 1 02-24-2004 03:01 PM

Advertisments