Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re: projector resolution

Re: projector resolution

Steve(JazzHunter)

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 16:24:21 GMT, John C. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 15:15:18 GMT, Grand Inquisitor
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Steve(JazzHunter) wrote:
>>
>>> On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 09:27:42 GMT, Mark Spatny
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>

>>I think the original poster, as well as Mark, were referring to the
>>sub-$2,000 ones at Best Buy and Staples.

>The Infocus X1, at $999 will put out a picture that will outclass 90%
>of the RPTV's out there. You really need to check up on the state of
>the art. Or the Sanyo Z1, around $1200, which is a native 16:9 XGA
>projector.

I hate Infocus, they are the least reliable units and the hardest to
get serviced. And I am speaking professionally. Their only "in" is
that they're the easiest for consumers to obtain. On the other hand
the Sanyos are unsung. It's not the first brand one thinks of for
projectors but they have consistently proven to have the best colour
rendition, the highest ouptut for their price class, and are among the
most reliable units. The little Z1 is a great unit.

. Steve .