Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > ac3 problem

ac3 problem

indiana

when creating DVD with TMPGEnc DVD Author with ac3 file the program says
error illegal audio format and you can use only ac3, mpeg1 or linear
PCM...what seems to be the problem...

consetti@despammed.com

Just a wild guess, your AC3 file is corrupt or not up to
specifications.

The creator of TMPGEnc DVD Author offers tech support for licensed
users. Why not ask him?

indiana wrote:

>when creating DVD with TMPGEnc DVD Author with ac3 file the program says
>error illegal audio format and you can use only ac3, mpeg1 or linear
>PCM...what seems to be the problem...

Steve(JazzHunter)

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 03:37:24 +0200, "indiana"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>when creating DVD with TMPGEnc DVD Author with ac3 file the program says
>error illegal audio format and you can use only ac3, mpeg1 or linear
>PCM...what seems to be the problem...

That does actually mean there is a problem with the AC3. You didn't
say whether or not you made the AC3, or if it's from a DVD, or what.
That would help tremendously.

. Steve .

indiana

I made ac3 from wav to save some space (home made DVD) with nuendo
encoder...probably bad ac3...

in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 03:37:24 +0200, "indiana"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >when creating DVD with TMPGEnc DVD Author with ac3 file the program says
> >error illegal audio format and you can use only ac3, mpeg1 or linear
> >PCM...what seems to be the problem...

> That does actually mean there is a problem with the AC3. You didn't
> say whether or not you made the AC3, or if it's from a DVD, or what.
> That would help tremendously.
>
> . Steve .

Steve(JazzHunter)

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 20:15:23 +0200, "indiana"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I made ac3 from wav to save some space (home made DVD) with nuendo
>encoder...probably bad ac3...

Yeah, try a differnet bitrate, make sure the encoding matches the
source (2.0). I've had to rotate through different encoders when one
consistently made a bad AC3 out of a certain .wav. Encoders I have
installed are SoftEncode, Sonic, Digigram, and BeSeet. The Sonic
Foundry one is the most consistent but is old,, and doesn't do the
quality of say the Digigram.

. Steve .

> in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 03:37:24 +0200, "indiana"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >when creating DVD with TMPGEnc DVD Author with ac3 file the program says
>> >error illegal audio format and you can use only ac3, mpeg1 or linear
>> >PCM...what seems to be the problem...

>> That does actually mean there is a problem with the AC3. You didn't
>> say whether or not you made the AC3, or if it's from a DVD, or what.
>> That would help tremendously.
>>
>> . Steve .

Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Mon, 1 Sep 2003 20:15:23 +0200) it happened "indiana"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in <bj02eh$f60$(E-Mail Removed)>:

>I made ac3 from wav to save some space (home made DVD) with nuendo
>encoder...probably bad ac3...

Try AC3Machine / BeSweet, works fine here.
it is somewhere on doom.org IIRC

AC3 Dolby PC Question Use.Netuser.ntl Computer Support 3 08-04-2005 07:04 AM
Test AC3 setup Usenet Computer Support 0 06-22-2005 10:20 PM
Divx n ac3 wwyyzz Computer Support 2 05-16-2005 10:43 AM
Convert AC3 to MP3 Arild Computer Support 1 12-28-2004 09:07 PM
Media Player 9 Audio Codec AC3 Anonymous Computer Support 2 11-15-2003 04:16 PM

Advertisments