Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re: Two Towers Defective on PS2!!

Re: Two Towers Defective on PS2!!

Black Locust

In article <Xns93E7C53736818abcdefghjklica@198.164.200.20>,
"Paul C." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> What about discs with extras ? Do they lose out on anything there ?
> There is less storage space after all so I can see there could be
> times when they may have to cut unessential things. Whether or not
> that bothers someone is up to them naturally but it's something to
> consider.

What do you mean by "extras?" The only area in which the Gamecube
suffers because of the smaller discs is a tad bit more compression for
FMV and music. This is why they used two discs for Enter the Matrix.
Because that game contained over an hour of film clips shot by the
Wachowski brothers that tied directly into the Matrix movies, Shiny
Entertainment wanted the clips to be shown at the best quality possible
for each platform.
--
BL

Paul C.

Black Locust <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:bl2112-

The only area in which the Gamecube
> suffers because of the smaller discs is a tad bit more compression

for
> FMV and music. This is why they used two discs for Enter the

Matrix.
> Because that game contained over an hour of film clips shot by the
> Wachowski brothers that tied directly into the Matrix movies,

Shiny
> Entertainment wanted the clips to be shown at the best quality

possible
> for each platform.

That's what I mean, the format choice leads to the inconvenience of
needing two discs. Not many people enjoy changing discs. I even
remember them advertising Resident Evil being on 2 discs as if it
was a good thing rather than a fault due to their choice of an
insufficiently sized medium.

Black Locust

In article <Xns93E9F0356CB4Cabcdefghjklica@198.164.200.20>,
"Paul C." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> That's what I mean, the format choice leads to the inconvenience of
> needing two discs. Not many people enjoy changing discs. I even
> remember them advertising Resident Evil being on 2 discs as if it
> was a good thing rather than a fault due to their choice of an
> insufficiently sized medium.

Inconvenience? Pfff. As I already said, only about 2% of GC games
actually use two discs. Also, a game like Resident Evil usually takes
anywhere from 25-30 hours to beat. You play the game half way through,
switch to the second disc ONCE and then play that disc until you've beat
the game. That's far from being an inconvenience.
--
BL