Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re: Throwaway DVD Question

Re: Throwaway DVD Question

Impmon

On 31 Aug 2003 04:51:37 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Joey Jolley) typed:

>Are these new one-viewing, throwaway DVDs going to replace regular
>DVDs?

They are disposable DVD that are designed to last only a set amount of
time after being opened. Something like 48 hours. They are NOT
replacing conventional DVD, they are just to replace rental DVD.

Benefit: no more badly scratched DVD
Negatives: more discs will end up in landfill

>What are the chances of this happening?

If anyone remembers the old Circuit City Divx flap, not likely.
--
All viruses and spams are automatically removed by my ISP before
reaching my inbox.