Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVD-RW and DVD+RW QUESTION?

DVD-RW and DVD+RW QUESTION?

WhiteDevil

My DVD player says it can play DVD-RW. Does that also mean that it can
play DVD+RW? Thanks for your time.

Pug Fugley

"WhiteDevil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> My DVD player says it can play DVD-RW. Does that also mean that it can
> play DVD+RW? Thanks for your time.

Certainly should, as + media is more compatable for standalone players.

Dick Sidbury

WhiteDevil wrote:
> My DVD player says it can play DVD-RW. Does that also mean that it can
> play DVD+RW? Thanks for your time.

no.
go to www.dvdrhelp.com and look up your player on their list.

dick

Impmon

On 31 Aug 2003 12:47:12 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (WhiteDevil) typed:

>My DVD player says it can play DVD-RW. Does that also mean that it can
>play DVD+RW? Thanks for your time.

Sometimes it will work, sometimes it won't. +R/RW and -R/RW is quite
different in the chemical makeup and some DVD player may not be able to
read one or other. And in many cases, only the R will work and RW won't
work at all.

My 5803P will work with DVD+R/RW but my parent's Apex 1500 only plays
-R/RW. Go figure.
--
All viruses and spams are automatically removed by my ISP before
reaching my inbox.

DVDHelp.us

On 31 Aug 2003, Impmon <(E-Mail Removed)> spake thusly, as shown in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Sometimes it will work, sometimes it won't. +R/RW and -R/RW is quite
> different in the chemical makeup and some DVD player may not be able to
> read one or other. And in many cases, only the R will work and RW won't
> work at all.

Plus you have to remember that quite often, the people who write the
manuals or box covers don't know the difference between +R and -R and just
assume that DVD-R means that it plays all burned discs. (Not everybody is a
techie, even those who are supposed to be techies... LOL)

--
Jake

Webmaster
http://www.dvdhelp.us