Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVD purchased in US for Japan use

DVD purchased in US for Japan use

Sachi Noma

I live in Japan (region 2). I want to purchase DVD in US (region 1). Can
someone suggest a way to see DVDs purchased in Japan on a DVD machine in
Japan? Thank you.

Jason

"Sachi Noma" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bikrup$ajmbv$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> I live in Japan (region 2). I want to purchase DVD in US (region 1). Can
> someone suggest a way to see DVDs purchased in Japan on a DVD machine in
> Japan? Thank you.

1) Buy it. Decrypt it so that it is region free or reencrypt to region 2.
Burn it back to CD.

2) Get a DVD drive that you can make Region Free. Many out there. The one
I use is a Digix (can't remember the model number). Anyways, their is a
number combination that makes it region free. Only costs about $50.