Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > lost profile

lost profile

r0nbo

Firefox kept coming up with some profile box when clicking a url in email. I
finally told it to delete the default profile. Well I NEED IT BACK. All
bookmarks disappeared and I have never found where Mozilla stores them
anyway. I need my profile back. If its gone then theres no need to keep
mozilla around and its back to IE sadly.If I lost a years worth of work in
it then I must bury it. I tried a system restore too. THeres gotta be a way.

r0nbo

gwtc

r0nbo wrote:

> Firefox kept coming up with some profile box when clicking a url in email. I
> finally told it to delete the default profile. Well I NEED IT BACK. All
> bookmarks disappeared and I have never found where Mozilla stores them
> anyway. I need my profile back. If its gone then theres no need to keep
> mozilla around and its back to IE sadly.If I lost a years worth of work in
> it then I must bury it. I tried a system restore too. THeres gotta be a way.
>
> r0nbo

If you've told it to delete the default profile, them I'm sorry, its
gone forever. And it wouldn't be FF's fault either. Its only doing
what YOU told it to do.

But, lets take a look just incase you didn't. First, close FF then
click on Start, Run and enter exactly:

firefox.exe -p

This will bring up the Firefox Profile Manager. How many profiles do
you see? If you see any, click on them one at a time and see what
happens. Is your profile there?

If not, then close FF, and using your file manager, look for your
profile. You can find your profile by reading this:
http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/tips

But, first, if you're using windows, then your profile is hidden, and
you have to unhide window files by reading this:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ddenfiles.mspx