Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > BBC TV DVDs coming.

BBC TV DVDs coming.

Peter Briggs

Invid Fan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > That's a very odd question.

> Not really, as I was just wondering how the BBC's partners would feel
> if they were putting shows on the net that NOVA and other programs had
> paid money for. "Yes, I know you own half, but we're going to give it
> away. Hope you weren't planning on making any money from your
> investment"

Oh, I absolutely agree with you. It's such a harebrained scheme, I
can't see it being feasible. Not the least problem of which is:
residuals for everyone involved. The Unions will go nuts.

DUNCAN MARK MILTON-HEAD

You are quite right of course about the shows being cut down to allow for
commercials. Actually these shows have the same thing done to them here in
the UK when they are sold to satellite tv and you often find that favourite
scenes are hacked out to make way for the drivel that passes for
advertising.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...