Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re: Looking for a certain manufacturer

Re: Looking for a certain manufacturer

Martin Schemitsch

> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for a Chinese manufacterer *cough*modifier*cough* (I seem
> to be catching a cold...) that supposedly is "well known" and
> "prestigious". I went to their site a while ago. They make
> *cough*multiregion*cough* DVD-players and sell them at between US$100
> and US$500, depending on what features (like, if it can read a slew of
> other formats as well, *cough*if it's multi-region and not just
> all-region*cough*, etc.)
>
> I don't remember all the exact prices or features or anything so some
> of that may be wrong.
>
> If there's more than one manufacturer that fits this profile, I'm
> almost 100% sure I could choose it out of a list of a few.
>
> BTW:
> I'm sure it wasn't Japanese (like Panasonic, Sony, etc.) or Korean
> (Daewoo, Samsung, etc.) - I know for sure they were Chinese. IIRC,
> they were based in HK or something.

Malata perhaps?

Martin

Mark Williamson

Martin Schemitsch <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm looking for a Chinese manufacterer *cough*modifier*cough* (I seem
> > to be catching a cold...) that supposedly is "well known" and
> > "prestigious". I went to their site a while ago. They make
> > *cough*multiregion*cough* DVD-players and sell them at between US$100
> > and US$500, depending on what features (like, if it can read a slew of
> > other formats as well, *cough*if it's multi-region and not just
> > all-region*cough*, etc.)
> >
> > I don't remember all the exact prices or features or anything so some
> > of that may be wrong.
> >
> > If there's more than one manufacturer that fits this profile, I'm
> > almost 100% sure I could choose it out of a list of a few.
> >
> > BTW:
> > I'm sure it wasn't Japanese (like Panasonic, Sony, etc.) or Korean
> > (Daewoo, Samsung, etc.) - I know for sure they were Chinese. IIRC,
> > they were based in HK or something.

> Malata perhaps?
>
> Martin

I guess it really is my fault for the misunderstanding, but I wasn't
really talking about a manufacturer but rather a modifier (is that
what you call them?)

Cheers,
Mark Williamson