Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re: S-video cables

Re: S-video cables

Jack

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 15:56:32 -0400, ed <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>S-video cables are $15 a piece at Radio Shack. They are the gold plated
>ones. Can one get them cheaper elsewhere? Are there non gold-plated
>ones? Does it matter? Thanks.

In years past I've found them mail order for around a few bucks each
and they have always worked fine. They were not gold plated of course.
I used to buy them from Roger's Systems (www.rogerssystems.com) but
that place has gone through a lot of changes and some price increases
since I last ordered, so I can't say if they are any good any more.
The point is you can find tolerable cables online with some patience
and trial and error to save yourself from the typical high local
retailer price markup.

This same place used to sell 6' RCA audio patch cables for $1-$2 each
which I thought were just as good as the $6+ Rat Shack ones. I can't
remember the last time I bought something at ripoff Rat Shack...
probably at least 5 years. I'm sure there are lots of other online
cable dealers.

ed

Thanks to all of you who responded to my post.