Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Freshman network question

Freshman network question

David Ellis

1) Can one make a two-computer LAN with two Linksys wireless
adapters, say a WUSB54G (desktop) and a WPC54G (notebook)
without using an access point?

2) If above can be done, would one of the adapters also be
able to connect to an external hot spot, making that
computer a server running ICS?

--David

Malke

David Ellis wrote:

> 1) Can one make a two-computer LAN with two Linksys wireless
> adapters, say a WUSB54G (desktop) and a WPC54G (notebook)
> without using an access point?
>
> 2) If above can be done, would one of the adapters also be
> able to connect to an external hot spot, making that
> computer a server running ICS?
>
> --David

For question 1:

Making the Wireless Home Network Connection in Windows XP Without a
Router - MVP Barb Bowman
http://tinyurl.com/2zkon

For question 2: sorry, but I don't know.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Frankster

> 1) Can one make a two-computer LAN with two Linksys wireless adapters, say
> a WUSB54G (desktop) and a WPC54G (notebook) without using an access point?

Yes.

> 2) If above can be done, would one of the adapters also be able to connect
> to an external hot spot, making that computer a server running ICS?

No. You cannot connect to two networks (internal net and external hotspot
net) at the same time with one adapter.

-Frank

A freshman's question whl Java 18 10-20-2011 10:38 PM
VirtualDubMod 16:9 in 4:3 out - freshman needs help J David Ellis DVD Video 4 02-19-2007 06:39 AM
some questions from a freshman danilo of TUP C Programming 1 02-19-2006 06:25 AM
Freshman signal strength question David Ellis Wireless Networking 1 12-12-2005 06:27 PM
thanx freshman whodachickie@hereiam.com Computer Support 2 09-02-2003 10:20 PM

Advertisments