Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Hidden mouse gesture feature? Annoys the H out of me..

Hidden mouse gesture feature? Annoys the H out of me..

Soren Kuula

Hi,

I have a Mozilla Firefox 1.0.4 installed on my out-of-the box RH Linux
Core 4 ES. The machine is a cheap laptop, and this brings about an
annoying problem: Often, when I move the mouse cursor left, I get a
page-back: The mouse pad (rubbish) must think I mean to drag left.

Just as if I had the mouse gesture extension installed -- but I never
did install that ! And the extensions window is absolutely empty when I
didplay it. Maybe somebody at Red Hat played with compiling in the
extension or what know I, and then just left it there.

Question is, what can I do? Sometimes, I'm having really annoying
struggles with it, and it's basically too much trouble to use.

Googling on it only made me aware that there IS a mouse gesture extension.

Soren

Moz Champion (Dan)

Soren Kuula wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Mozilla Firefox 1.0.4 installed on my out-of-the box RH Linux
> Core 4 ES. The machine is a cheap laptop, and this brings about an
> annoying problem: Often, when I move the mouse cursor left, I get a
> page-back: The mouse pad (rubbish) must think I mean to drag left.
>
> Just as if I had the mouse gesture extension installed -- but I never
> did install that ! And the extensions window is absolutely empty when I
> didplay it. Maybe somebody at Red Hat played with compiling in the
> extension or what know I, and then just left it there.
>
> Question is, what can I do? Sometimes, I'm having really annoying
> struggles with it, and it's basically too much trouble to use.
>
> Googling on it only made me aware that there IS a mouse gesture extension.
>
> Soren

Why not upgrade to Firefox 1.5?