Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > New Releases: Full Throttle, Forever Knight: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

New Releases: Full Throttle, Forever Knight: Updated complete downloadable R1 DVD DB & info lists

Doug MacLean

For younger viewers Columbia/TriStar has Wubbulous World Of Dr. Seuss: Cat's
Playhouse set for release on October 21st.

Monteray has a couple of sequels for release on September 30th. On Any
Sunday 2 and Endless Summer 2 will be available for $19.95 each.

Fox continued the trend of two pack specials with the October 8th (yes it's
a Wednesday) of Drumline / Big Momma's House (Pan & Scan),Drumline / Big
Momma's House (Widescreen), Dude, Where's My Car?/Office Space (Pan & Scan),
Dude, Where's My Car?/Office Space (Widescreen), Dude, Where's My Car?/Super
Troopers and Ever After/Never Been Kissed. each set has a suggested price of
$29.98.

On September 16th View Entertainment has something for those that miss the
musical performances of the '70s. Sonny & Cher Nitty Gritty Hour, 5th
Dimension Travelling Sunshine Show and Bobby Darin: The Darin Invasion will
street for a price of $19.98 each.

Universal has announced Anne B. Real for November 4th. They also have
Flintstones (Special Edition) / Flintstones: Viva Rock Vegas: Value Pack and
Big Fat Liar (Special Edition) / Little Rascals (Special Edition): Value Pak
set for December 2nd.

Already in stores from Idem Home Video are some DVDs for jazz and R&B fans.
20th Century Jazz Masters: Gerry Mulligan, Art Pepper, & Art Farmer, 20th
Century Jazz Masters: Dizzy Gillespie, Cannonball Adderley, Muggsy Spanier &
Joe Sullivan, 20th Century Jazz Masters: Charles Lloyd, Paul Winter, Bola
Sete & Turk Murphy, 20th Century Jazz Masters: John Coltrane, Sonny Rollins
& B.B. King, 20th Century Jazz Masters: Mel Torme, Jimmy Witherspoon, Carmen
McRae, Lambert, Hendricks & Bavan, Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis Quartet In Europe
1985 and Michael Brecker: Steps Ahead In Europe can be had for $29.99 each.

Warner Brothers extends the Olsens twins franchise with the September 2nd
release of some mutipacks of their direct to video flicks. You're Invited To
Mary-Kate And Ashley's Favorite Parties, You're Invited To Mary-Kate And
Ashley's Greatest Parties, You're Invited To Mary-Kate And Ashley's School
Dance and You're Invited To Mary-Kate And Ashley's Vacation Parties.

Columbia/TriStar adds to the already crowded and expensive release day of
October 21st with their announcement of Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle. The
marketing exhibits a little bit different twist on the usual full
screen/widescreen popular with many studios. Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle
(Special Edition / Pan & Scan) will be a PG-13 rated version. Charlie's
Angels: Full Throttle (Special Edition / Widescreen) is being released
unrated. Each will have a suggested cost of $27.95. The extras reported at
this time are commentary track by Bernie Mac (the Bernie Mac Attack Track),
commentary of the three actresses (Angels' Pajama Party Track), McG
commentary, music video featuring Pink, a Full Throttle Juke Box and web
links. The audio is 5.1 with anamorphic video on the unrated version.

If you want Full Throttle plus the first film you can opt for Charlie's
Angels Superbit Deluxe/Charlie's Angels Full Throttle Special Edition
Widescreen 2 Pack. This combines the first Angel's Superbit disc with the
unrated widescreen version of the second film. According to the announcement
it looks like only the first film is in Superbit, the second is the regular
bit rate version sold separately. The cost if $39.95.

Jolson fans can look forward to Columbia's October 21st release of Jolson
Sings Again and Jolson Story. Each goes for $19.95. Rounding out the October
21st date are Marrying Kind, Respiro and You'll Never Get Rich.

Forever Knight Trilogy: Part 1 is being released by Columbia on October
21st. No details yet as to the episodes but with a time of 1046 minutes it
comes to about 23 episodes. Cost is $29.95.

Fox will release Don't Say A Word/Unfaithful (Pan &Scan) and Don't Say A
Word/Unfaithful (Widescreen) on October 8th for $29.95. Each has Dolby 5.1
and DTS audio.

in several formats as well as daily changes. The official list now
features31,481 titles with 173 additions or changes and 553 Pre-Release
announcements. The All Titles list has 32,034 titles. Recent releases
include: Last Week 199, This Week 296 and Next Week 238 titles.

Preview of Chicago DVDs. Past film reviews include Daredevil, Them, May,
Phone Booth, Gangs of New York, It Came From Beneath the Sea, Spun, The Hulk
Original TV Pilot, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, , Killing Me
Softly, Real Women Have Curves, The Day the Earth Stood Still , Them, Usual
Suspects and Gormenghast . Coming titles listed before all the specs are in
can be found in a new list, http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/pre-releases.htm

Updated lists for discontinued, cancelled, postponed and rescheduled titles
as well as lists for DTS, ES/EX and Superbit titles. UPC numbers and
original release dates now being added to the database. There is also a
greatly expanded list of titles that were rescheduled or reissued. Search
function for the database, (now including UPC search) complements of site
partner and friend, Michael's Movie Mayhem
(http://kazart.com/mec/DVDList2.html) and DVDLister.

Updates to the DVD database, including release specs usually made twice
daily.

Please stop by and visit.
Thank you.
--
Doug MacLean
http://www.hometheaterinfo.com

jayembee

"Doug MacLean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Forever Knight Trilogy: Part 1 is being released by Columbia on October
>21st. No details yet as to the episodes but with a time of 1046 minutes it
>comes to about 23 episodes. Cost is $29.95.

According to www.tvshowsondvd.com, it's the entire first season, which
is 22 episodes. The best news is that the fact that Columbia is
calling it "Trilogy: Part 1" suggests that they've already committed
to releasing the second (26 eps) and third (22 eps) seasons as well.

-- jayembee