Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re: WinDVD 3&5 say "Cann't find any cdrom/dvdrom device" - but File Manager can read all files on the drive!

Re: WinDVD 3&5 say "Cann't find any cdrom/dvdrom device" - but File Manager can read all files on the drive!

Just a friend

"A Poster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
| I get the message "Cann't find any cdrom/dvdrom device" from WinDVD!

[..]
| Audio CDs play perfectly.
|
| And I can play DVDs by manually getting WinDVD to play the .VOB files
| on the Z: drive. Of course, that means manually selecting another file
| every 20 minutes or so (yech), and I lose all the DVD's menu features.

Have you tried playing the DVD with MS Media Player?

JaF