Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves Extended version?!

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves Extended version?!

BC

Just got the remastered extended version today, and I am VERY disappointed
with it.

Heck, I thought when they remaster a film they are supposed to make a
film's quality better, not completely change the way it looks?!
Everything looks cleaner and sharper, sure, but many of the scenes also
looks lighter, especailly near the beginning of the film, making it look
very unrealistic IMO.

The film's cut differently too - that, along with the added scenes make
the film overly long, as well as making it feel a bit disjointed in
parts...

What a waste of money!

Anyone else thinks so around here? or do you exactly like this version?

<=[BC]=>

Venger

"BC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just got the remastered extended version today, and I am VERY disappointed
> with it.
>
> Heck, I thought when they remaster a film they are supposed to make a
> film's quality better, not completely change the way it looks?!
> Everything looks cleaner and sharper, sure, but many of the scenes also
> looks lighter, especailly near the beginning of the film, making it look
> very unrealistic IMO.
>
> The film's cut differently too - that, along with the added scenes make
> the film overly long, as well as making it feel a bit disjointed in
> parts...
>
> What a waste of money!
>
> Anyone else thinks so around here? or do you exactly like this version?

There are usually reasons why a movie scene gets cut... case and point are
those in Robin Hood...

The ONLY reason I got it is because I refuse to buy the flipper version...

Venger

Mike Jackson

> Just got the remastered extended version today, and I am VERY disappointed
> with it.
>
> Heck, I thought when they remaster a film they are supposed to make a
> film's quality better, not completely change the way it looks?!
> Everything looks cleaner and sharper, sure, but many of the scenes also
> looks lighter, especailly near the beginning of the film, making it look
> very unrealistic IMO.
>
> The film's cut differently too - that, along with the added scenes make
> the film overly long, as well as making it feel a bit disjointed in
> parts...
>
> What a waste of money!
>
> Anyone else thinks so around here? or do you exactly like this version?

On the flip side, you get more of the best thing about the movie: Alan
Rickman.

Mike Jackson
Editor & Webmaster, DVD Verdict
www.dvdverdict.com