Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Please Help - How to disable "Down Mix' on Kenwood VR-407? Thanks

Please Help - How to disable "Down Mix' on Kenwood VR-407? Thanks

Please Help

How do I disable 'Down Mix' on my Kenwood VR-407? I have been using
this receiver with a Toshiba SD-5109 for the last 4 years without any
issues. I brought home the Dare Devil DVD today and noticed the
absence of any rear surround sound. I verfied that speakers were
working using the 'Setup' button on the remote. I noticed the same
problem with two other Dolby Digital DVDs. I may have accidentally
pushed some buttons on both remotes yesterday. The only thing I can
think of as different from before is that the 'Down Mix' is lighted up
on the receiver. I used the DVD's Audio menu to change the Audio Out
to PCM from Bitstream. This toggled the 'Down Mix' off. However the
Dolby Digital light also turned off.
I would greatly appreciate any help.
Thanks

LASERandDVDfan

>How do I disable 'Down Mix' on my Kenwood VR-407? I have been using
>this receiver with a Toshiba SD-5109 for the last 4 years without any
>issues.

>The only thing I can
>think of as different from before is that the 'Down Mix' is lighted up
>on the receiver. I used the DVD's Audio menu to change the Audio Out
>to PCM from Bitstream.

That's the problem. Set it back to bitstream. Consult your receiver
instruction manual on how to turn off downmixing. It may be as simple as
setting the receiver to work in surround mode instead of stereo, like my
Techincs SA-DA10, which can switch from downmixed Dolby Digital to full 5.1 at
the touch of a single button. - Reinhart

Hugh Candlin

Please Help <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> How do I disable 'Down Mix' on my Kenwood VR-407? I have been using
> this receiver with a Toshiba SD-5109 for the last 4 years without any
> issues. I brought home the Dare Devil DVD today and noticed the
> absence of any rear surround sound. I verfied that speakers were
> working using the 'Setup' button on the remote. I noticed the same
> problem with two other Dolby Digital DVDs. I may have accidentally
> pushed some buttons on both remotes yesterday. The only thing I can
> think of as different from before is that the 'Down Mix' is lighted up
> on the receiver. I used the DVD's Audio menu to change the Audio Out
> to PCM from Bitstream. This toggled the 'Down Mix' off. However the
> Dolby Digital light also turned off.

Change it back to Bitstream. Then press the Lstn M. button
on the remote or on the receiver.

> I would greatly appreciate any help.
> Thanks

Ajax File Upload. Please, could someone please help me out? Thanks shapper ASP .Net 0 12-18-2007 02:02 AM
kenwood dvdt 8100 Andrzej DVD Video 0 06-26-2004 01:13 PM
Thanks, thanks a lot Rick Computer Support 0 05-05-2004 04:04 AM
First home theater receiver purchase - Onkyo TX SR501or Kenwood KV-7070?? Matt DVD Video 12 04-15-2004 05:37 AM

Advertisments