Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Anyone resolved links opening blank page? or box opening in Outlook 2000?

Anyone resolved links opening blank page? or box opening in Outlook 2000?

Leonidas Jones

Harvey wrote:
> Harvey wrote:

>>> Follow gwtc's directions for creating a new profile, and test in the
>>> new profile.
>>>
>>> Lee

>> I followed gwtc's directions and created a new profile (the original was
>> the "default" profile)and the same problem existed. Do I reluctantly
>> have to continue using IE?
>>
>> Thanks to all for their suggestions.
>>
>> Harvey

> I now suspect it is a firewall issue--probably set by my ISP. And I
> can no longer access FF in the safe mode.
>
> Harvey

How does you ISP have control over your firewall settings? What firewall
are you running?

Lee

S.Rodgers

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 07:20:59 -0500, S.Rodgers
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I've been living with this for almost the entire time I've been using
>FF. Now that I have v1.5, thought that might have been fixed but I
>see that'll I'll have to hunt for a manual fix probably.
>
>When I click on any link when outside of FF, FF is launched but I get
>blank pages only.
>
>When I click on a link in Outlook 2000, same thing except that at the
>same time, an open dialogue box appears on my O2K screen.
>
>I know these are known bugs with FF, but the fixes that were given
>before never worked. Hoping that this is different with v1.5.
>
>I have Win98SE.

Is there any solution to this problem as it's carried over into v1.5?

Tx.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I've been living with this for almost the entire time I've been using
>FF. Now that I have v1.5, thought that might have been fixed but I
>see that'll I'll have to hunt for a manual fix probably.
>
>When I click on any link when outside of FF, FF is launched but I get
>blank pages only.
>
>When I click on a link in Outlook 2000, same thing except that at the
>same time, an open dialogue box appears on my O2K screen.
>
>I know these are known bugs with FF, but the fixes that were given
>before never worked. Hoping that this is different with v1.5.
>
>I have Win98SE.

Is there any solution to this problem as it's carried over into v1.5?

Tx.

Doug G

S.Rodgers wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 07:20:59 -0500, S.Rodgers
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I've been living with this for almost the entire time I've been using
>>FF. Now that I have v1.5, thought that might have been fixed but I
>>see that'll I'll have to hunt for a manual fix probably.
>>
>>When I click on any link when outside of FF, FF is launched but I get
>>blank pages only.
>>
>>When I click on a link in Outlook 2000, same thing except that at the
>>same time, an open dialogue box appears on my O2K screen.
>>
>>I know these are known bugs with FF, but the fixes that were given
>>before never worked. Hoping that this is different with v1.5.
>>
>>I have Win98SE.

> Is there any solution to this problem as it's carried over into v1.5?
>
> Tx.

Does your "Application used to perform action:" box for opening HTM and
HTML files look something like the following?

C:\...\FIREFOX\FIREFOX.EXE -url "%1"