Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re: Pioneer DVR-105 and Nero Problems

Re: Pioneer DVR-105 and Nero Problems

grams@oldtown.com

I am having similar issues with my 105, especially having issues with -RW media.
Per chance, did you purchase the drive through Cendyne?

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 22:33:53 +0000 (UTC), "Andy K"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have a Pioneer DVR-105 DVD writer, firmware version 1.30 and Nero Burning
>ROM Enterprise Edition version 5.5.10.35.
>
>However, since I first got the dvd writer I have had nothing but problems
>with it, when trying to write a dvd-r or a dvd-rw.
>
>First whilst attempting to write to a dvd-r Nero stopped and stated that
>there was a 'SCSI Target Error'. I seemed to have solved this problem by
>only inserting the blanc media when Nero asked for it.
>
>Amongst others I am now creating many coasters with a different error
>message, 'Reset Occurred'. Which totally ruins the dvd.
>
>I am unsure as to what the problem is with. Is it the Pioneer DVR-105 drive
>itself, the firmware version of the drive, the Nero software or something
>entirely different?
>
>Would updating the firmware version on my drive to 1.33 resolve the issues?
>I know that the media isn't the issue as I have previously used it with no
>problems whatsoever. I have also used Nero version 5.5.10.42 and Nero 6
>ultra edition and experienced the same problems.
>
>I am a little confused as a friend of mine has almost exactly the same spec
>computer and identical Pioneer dvd writer and firmware version as I do, but
>has had absolutely no problems with his at all.
>
>Has anyone else had the same or similar problems with the same Pioneer dvd
>writer? Alternatively, has anyone updated their firmware and found that it
>has resolved any issue or made any worse? Does anyone know what the
>firmware update to 1.33 actually improves?
>
>Any ideas, or better still solutions, would be much appreciated.
>
>Andy
>
>PS. Sorry for all the questions, but I really am a lose end.

This mail has been scanned by Norton 2003

Andy K

No, I didn't purchase mine through Cendyne. I bought it from dabs.com.

Regarding the 'Reset occurred' error that I kept on experiencing. I believe
that this may have been caused by the Pioneer DVD-ROM (106S) that I have
connected as a secondary slave device on the same IDE cable as my Pioneer
DVR-105 drive. It kept on making strange noises and the busy light kept
illuminating when I wasn't even accessing the drive at all, and so I believe
that this caused the reset error, as it was interfering with the DVR-105 DVD
writer connected on the same cable in some way whilst I was writing to a
DVD-R (touch wood!).

If you are experiencing problems with Datawrite DVD-RW 2x media, then join
the club. I have had 4 out of the 8 Datawrite 2x DVD-RW's that I purchased
either only want to write at 1x or once written, found that I couldn't
access any of the data on the disc, causing a read error when accessed. I
believe that this is a problem with the disc/make itself and am currently
attempting to try a different 2x DVD-RW media, but am having some problems
finding one.

Hope this helps.

Andy

news:(E-Mail Removed)...