Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Indiana Jones: Moved up to Oct. 21.

Indiana Jones: Moved up to Oct. 21.

Scot Gardner

AUG. 7 | Paramount Home Entertainment has moved up the release date of
its long-awaited DVD set of the Indiana Jones Trilogy, thus avoiding a
Nov. 4 collision with box office champ Finding Nemo in video stores.

The Indiana Jones set is now set to reach retail on Oct. 21, which a
Paramount spokesman said Thursday is a less competitive release date.
New prebook is Sept. 9. The three films in the series have never before
been on DVD.

"We're ready to go with it now," he said, adding the title will have "a
stronger retail presence" on the new date.

Paramount announced the original Indiana Jones date on May 6. On July
28, Buena Vista Home Entertainment said Nemo would arrive on the same
date.

The Paramount spokesman said news that Indiana Jones would come sooner
had leaked onto the Web, and fans had reacted positively.

The trilogy will be released in a four-disc set including all three of
the movies plus a bonus disc with extras. Paramount has not set a
suggested retail price, but the DVD is anticipated to sell for about
$49.95.

http://www.videobusiness.com/index.asp

Mike Jackson

> But on the upside of things we are getting em a few weeks
> earlier than originally planned. That's a good thing so lets
> not complain folks.

True, true...but still, their rationale shows less logic than my wife. I
have a saying: There's Logic, there's Female Logic, then there's Melanie
Logic. I guess now there's a rung lower: Paramount Logic.

Mike Jackson
Editor & Webmaster, DVD Verdict
www.dvdverdict.com

Indiana Jones on DVD FREE DVD Guy DVD Video 3 10-16-2003 07:29 AM
CONTEST: Indiana Jones Zuiun DVD Video 0 09-29-2003 05:57 AM
indiana jones trilogy R2 - CUT !?? Peter Row DVD Video 3 09-24-2003 02:45 PM
Indiana Jones Trilogy in Amazon's 10% discount via Share the Love Programe Kancil Killer DVD Video 0 09-20-2003 03:50 PM
Indiana Jones Trilogy - DVD Cover Art Posted Mike McGee DVD Video 0 09-17-2003 10:14 PM

Advertisments