Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re: DEEP DISCOUNT DVD SUCKS!!!!!!! ROTTEN COMPANY

Re: DEEP DISCOUNT DVD SUCKS!!!!!!! ROTTEN COMPANY

Coyote

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 10:13:41 -0500, J. Alfred Prufrock <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I placed an order with these people last Thursday
>When I called on Monday, Tues, and Wed. they
> assured me that it was shipped out on FRIDAY
>I just received an e-mail today that IT WAS SHIPPED TODAY!!!!!!
>I called them and they could not tell me why it was delayed
>All items were in stock when I ordered
>I ordered DVD's that were NOT new releases
>These were DVD's that were released 2 weeks ago and were in stock
>Also when I pay for priority mail delivery or 2nd day delivery
>their warehouse will still ship this UPS and they refund my delivery charge
>THESE PEOPLE SUCK!!!!!!!
>
>I am going back to DVD PLANET!!!!

I myself have ordered hundreds of DVDs from Deep Discount, and have
had no problem at all, ever. They tend to arrive very quickly, even
with the free shipping option, and on the occassions I've received
defective discs they've mailed a prepaid return label with the
replacement.

I love these people.

--
Coyote

To reply by email, it's http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed).

Warner Oland

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 20:47:58 GMT, Coyote <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I myself have ordered hundreds of DVDs from Deep Discount, and have
>had no problem at all, ever. They tend to arrive very quickly, even
>with the free shipping option, and on the occassions I've received
>defective discs they've mailed a prepaid return label with the
>replacement.
>
>I love these people.

Ditto here, with probably 200 DVDs ordered from them and no problems to speek of, I am surprised
anyone has complaints with these guys. For a while, some others were starting to best them on
prices and I've strayed. I've had many headaches with these cheap, but no service companies. Now
it looks like DDD's delivered prices are again as good as anyone's on most items, and I'm again
ordering exclusively with them.

Just another rather significant data point.

JimReid56

I use DDDVD when I want to save money and am in no hurry. If I'm in a hurry I
go elsewhere.

Douglas Bailey

Coyote <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I myself have ordered hundreds of DVDs from Deep Discount, and have
> had no problem at all, ever. They tend to arrive very quickly, even
> with the free shipping option...

I've just hit my first possible delay with DDD: today was 11 days after
_Solaris_ shipped using 5-10 day shipping. I wrote DDD a nice letter
asking them how to proceed if the disc doesn't show up: we'll see how
they handle it from there.

I've ordered 16 titles from them in the past without any problems or
complaints.

doug

--

---------------Douglas Bailey ((E-Mail Removed))---------------
I can't see the lines I used to think I could read between...