Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re: 'NO DISC' ERROR ONLY DVD IS LOADED - DAEWOO DHC2200K

Re: 'NO DISC' ERROR ONLY DVD IS LOADED - DAEWOO DHC2200K

Damien McSherry

"ONION" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi all,
>
> I have little problem with the DHC2200K (DAEWOO). It is able to play
> VCD/MP3/Music CD.. No problem at all, but when a DVD is loaded keep
> saying 'NO DISC'. I have tried couple of different types of DVD, but
> success.
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Onion.

I'm having the same problem with my Goodmans GDVD124 at the moment. Seems to
work well when the wether is cold/normal or the window is open, but in this
heat (with windows closed) it just can't play DVD's. Anything else (SVCD,
CD, MP3 etc.) is not a problem.

Anyone willing to confirm that temperature can have an effect on DVD laser?

--
Damien

Boinka (n.)
The noise through the wall which tells you
that the people next door enjoy a better
sex life than you do.

Steve Knoblock

"Damien McSherry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bgts5j$5eb$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "ONION" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > Hi all,

> Anyone willing to confirm that temperature can have an effect on DVD

laser?

Sure, it's not the laser, but the electronics overheating. Mine will start
to act up when running a long film on a hot day without air conditioning.
You can get the NO DISC or not loaded error anytime. Some discs are more
difficult for a particular player to read, other discs are just more
difficult to read depending on the way they are authored. Just try loading
it again.

Steve

Dr Zoidberg

Steve Knoblock wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^
Really? Oh dear ;0)
--
Alex

"I laugh in the face of danger"

"Then I hide until it goes away"

www.drzoidberg.co.uk

Steve Knoblock

"Dr Zoidberg" <AlexNOOOOO!!!!!!@drzoidberg.co.uk> wrote in message
news:bgtta1$sd4u5$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Steve Knoblock wrote:
> ^^^^^^^^^^^

Could you please translate your ramblings from lobsterspeak, Dr. Zoidberg?
Are you questioning my name or my advice?

Steve

ML-78

> Anyone willing to confirm that temperature can have an effect on DVD laser?

The heat can affect play, but how about location of the player? This problem
ususally stems from the player not being able to dissipate heat because
something is placed on top of it, or if there's only little space above it. If
that's the case, try placing it "out in the open" and see if the problem
disappears.

ML-78

Pug Fugley

"ML-78" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bgug5c$t91$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Anyone willing to confirm that temperature can have an effect on DVD

laser?

> The heat can affect play, but how about location of the player? This

problem
> ususally stems from the player not being able to dissipate heat because
> something is placed on top of it, or if there's only little space above

it. If
> that's the case, try placing it "out in the open" and see if the problem
> disappears.

I would think the QUALITY of the player would have a lot to do with it. What
would one expect when one buys a cheapo player??

I'll never understand why people won't spend the extra $30 for a high end
player, then complain when their poor quality player does not act right.

Biz

"Pug Fugley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ZCCYa.1675$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
> I would think the QUALITY of the player would have a lot to do with it. What
> would one expect when one buys a cheapo player??
>
> I'll never understand why people won't spend the extra $30 for a high end
> player, then complain when their poor quality player does not act right.

I agree with you in principle, but going for a $99 over a $69 player probably doesnt gain you much,
and it certainly doesnt get you into anything even remotely classifed as "high-end" by anyone I
know...
--
Biz

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand
alloys and compositions and,......things with molecular structures,....and
the....." - Ash

ML-78

> I would think the QUALITY of the player would have a lot to do with it. What
> would one expect when one buys a cheapo player??
>
> I'll never understand why people won't spend the extra $30 for a high end
> player, then complain when their poor quality player does not act right.

Both a quality and cheap player will have problems if they can't get rid of the
heat they generate. That has nothing to do with the price.

ML-78

Steve Knoblock

"ML-78" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bgvjuv$21qp$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Both a quality and cheap player will have problems if they can't get rid

of the
> heat they generate. That has nothing to do with the price.

A lot of players do not have any vents, whether inexpensive or not. In fact,
it looks like most now do not have any way of exhausting heat.

Just look over the archives for DVD newsgroups and you can decide for
yourself about price vs. quality, brand vs. quality. You'll find a lot of
players have trouble, even if they are brand name and expensive. You'll find
some discs are defective, some are poorly authored, the playback quality
varies with software quality, endlessly varying combinations of players and
discs.

Steve