Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re: Pioneer DVR-105 and Nero Problems

Re: Pioneer DVR-105 and Nero Problems

Flossie

"Andy K" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bgrvoh$fv7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a Pioneer DVR-105 DVD writer, firmware version 1.30 and Nero

Burning
> ROM Enterprise Edition version 5.5.10.35.
>
> However, since I first got the dvd writer I have had nothing but problems
> with it, when trying to write a dvd-r or a dvd-rw.
>
> First whilst attempting to write to a dvd-r Nero stopped and stated that
> there was a 'SCSI Target Error'. I seemed to have solved this problem by
> only inserting the blanc media when Nero asked for it.
>
> Amongst others I am now creating many coasters with a different error
> message, 'Reset Occurred'. Which totally ruins the dvd.
>
> I am unsure as to what the problem is with. Is it the Pioneer DVR-105

drive
> itself, the firmware version of the drive, the Nero software or something
> entirely different?
>
> Would updating the firmware version on my drive to 1.33 resolve the

issues?
> I know that the media isn't the issue as I have previously used it with no
> problems whatsoever. I have also used Nero version 5.5.10.42 and Nero 6
> ultra edition and experienced the same problems.
>
> I am a little confused as a friend of mine has almost exactly the same

spec
> computer and identical Pioneer dvd writer and firmware version as I do,

but
> has had absolutely no problems with his at all.
>
> Has anyone else had the same or similar problems with the same Pioneer dvd
> writer? Alternatively, has anyone updated their firmware and found that

it
> has resolved any issue or made any worse? Does anyone know what the
> firmware update to 1.33 actually improves?
>
> Any ideas, or better still solutions, would be much appreciated.
>
> Andy
>
> PS. Sorry for all the questions, but I really am a lose end.

Have you tried Nero 6 ? It`s supposed to be much better and compatible with
more dvd writers.

---