Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > vs2005 - How to fill form using TableAdapter FillBy

vs2005 - How to fill form using TableAdapter FillBy

dbuchanan

Hello,

I have added a query to my TableAdapter that accepts a parameter (The
ID) to filter the data. It will return only one record. I tested it in
the designer and it returns one record as expected.

However I cannot get it to populate a form of databound controls. What
could I be doing wrong? The controls were dragged onto the form surface
which then made the dataset, tableAdapter and bindingSource in the
forms component tray.

Here is the code in the from_load event
\\
Me.Table1TableAdapter1.FillBy(Me.DataSet11.table1, 2)
//

Here is the stored procedure
\\
CREATE PROCEDURE dbo.usp_Table1_GetById
(
@pkId int
)
AS
SET NOCOUNT ON;
SELECT pkId, Name, Address
FROM Table1
WHERE (pkId = @pkId)
GO
//

(I *can* get a form with a datagridview to return the single record
with the code above)

What am I missing?

Thank you,
dbuchanan