Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re: Manhattan Project type films

Re: Manhattan Project type films

Bexley

If you're into the spectacle, check out "Trinity And Beyond". This documentary,
narrated by William Shattner, uses declassified and digitally restored footage
of the 300 US nuclear tests (yes, THREE HUNDRED) that took place after Trinity.
It includes High Atmospheric, Underground, and Undersea tests.

The image quality is stunning. I believe this stuff was transferred from second
generation 35 neg -- anyway, it looks like it was shot yesterday.

But the truly frightening element is how little they know when they detonate
these things (gives a new meaning to the word "tests"). You see troops
panicking, soldiers marching into tactical fallout, and a hydrogen bomb missile
test where the missile doesn't leave the pad... You can guess how they
discovered the EMP.

Scary stuff...

--Bex..
--
-- For Lucky best wash, use Mr. Sparkle! --

"George Hernandez" <no_email@no_domain.pud> wrote in message
news:8AGVa.5409$(E-Mail Removed) t...
> Still no word on "Little Boy and Fat Man" or "Day One" and while I'm on the
> topic of Nuclear Capabilities, I've been waiting on the old HBO Film, "By
> Dawn's Early Light" as well

Jay Stewart

"Bexley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Fz8Xa.2965$(E-Mail Removed)...
> If you're into the spectacle, check out "Trinity And Beyond". This

documentary,
> narrated by William Shattner, uses declassified and digitally restored

footage
> of the 300 US nuclear tests (yes, THREE HUNDRED) that took place after

Trinity.
> It includes High Atmospheric, Underground, and Undersea tests.
>
> The image quality is stunning. I believe this stuff was transferred from

second
> generation 35 neg -- anyway, it looks like it was shot yesterday.
>
> But the truly frightening element is how little they know when they

detonate
> these things (gives a new meaning to the word "tests"). You see troops
> panicking, soldiers marching into tactical fallout, and a hydrogen bomb

missile
> test where the missile doesn't leave the pad... You can guess how they
> discovered the EMP.
>
> Scary stuff...
>
> --Bex..

I heartily second this recommendation - cool 3-D extras included in the one
I have.

DVD Verdict reviews: THE HUNTING OF THE PRESIDENT, FRIDAY THE 13TH: FROM CRYSTAL LAKE TO MANHATTAN, and more! DVD Verdict DVD Video 0 10-18-2004 09:10 AM
Camera shops in Manhattan, NY Matti Savolainen Digital Photography 15 05-21-2004 08:14 PM
Is there a Canon authorized camera shop in Manhattan ? Al Dykes Digital Photography 0 05-09-2004 06:51 PM
Manhattan Mood GRC Digital Photography 0 12-11-2003 07:13 PM
Manhattan Cable ISP Capt. Monty Computer Support 1 09-30-2003 01:16 AM

Advertisments