Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re: New Zealand Films on DVD

Re: New Zealand Films on DVD

Hawkeye

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 17:45:29 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Charles Eggen) wrote:

> To ease the search for information on New Zealand Films that are on
>DVD, a new DVD section has been added to New Zealand Films on Video
>and DVD at:
>
>http://www.nzvideos.org/dvdlist.html
>
>Gradually, DVD details will be added that should be helpful in
>locating elusive New Zealand DVD titles, given that many are only
>available in one zone. This makes it hard on folks without a
>multi-zone player. I better not get started about zones
>
>Charles

There was a movie called "The Earthling" (I think) filmed in New
Zealand. It was about an old guy dying of cancer (and the actor
actually was dying of cancer, William Holden) Anyways, it was about
him teaching an orphan to live in the wilds of New Zealand because he
knew he'd be dead before he could get the boy back to civilization.
Very well filmed, lots of spectacular scenary. I've been hoping it'd
come out in DVD for a while now. Would you have any news on it?
Thanks.

Haukeye