Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re: New Zealand Films on DVD

Re: New Zealand Films on DVD

whataboutme

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 17:45:29 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Charles Eggen) wrote:

> To ease the search for information on New Zealand Films that are on
>DVD, a new DVD section has been added to New Zealand Films on Video
>and DVD at:
>
>http://www.nzvideos.org/dvdlist.html
>
>Gradually, DVD details will be added that should be helpful in
>locating elusive New Zealand DVD titles, given that many are only
>available in one zone. This makes it hard on folks without a
>multi-zone player. I better not get started about zones
>
>Charles

Thanks for the list charles. Now if only they'd release "smash palace"
on DVD with an isolated soundtrack.........the original soundtrack is
by Sharon O'Neill and features some excellent material.

Charles Eggen

On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 12:14:00 GMT, (E-Mail Removed)
(whataboutme) wrote:

>On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 17:45:29 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Charles Eggen) wrote:
>
>> To ease the search for information on New Zealand Films that are on
>>DVD, a new DVD section has been added to New Zealand Films on Video
>>and DVD at:
>>
>>http://www.nzvideos.org/dvdlist.html
>>
>>Gradually, DVD details will be added that should be helpful in
>>locating elusive New Zealand DVD titles, given that many are only
>>available in one zone. This makes it hard on folks without a
>>multi-zone player. I better not get started about zones
>>
>>Charles

>Thanks for the list charles. Now if only they'd release "smash palace"
>on DVD with an isolated soundtrack.........the original soundtrack is
>by Sharon O'Neill and features some excellent material.

I agree. The New Zealand Film Commission may finally be getting nearer
to putting out some of the older films, to which they hold
distribution rights, on DVD. However that does not explain why we have
not yet seen FOOTROT FLATS on DVD, as NZFC is not the distributor of
that title. We can hope that GOODBYE PORK PIE and THE QUIET EARTH
will, with others, soon find their way to disc.

Charles