Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re: Holy Crap! Daredevil on DVD!

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: Holy Crap! Daredevil on DVD!

 
 
Jordan Lund
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-30-2003
Cernovog <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> Let me start off by saying that I was absolutely pleased at punch when I
> walked out of the movie theater on opening day of Daredevil.


Amazing... I was stunned at how bad Affleck was as Murdock. I mean, I
figued the hard part would be buying him as DD. Not so! The worst of
it when he was trying to play lawyer.

BTW, what was he doing prosecuting the mob boss? Wasn't MM a public
defender?

The Daredevil stuff was fine, but the non DD parts just killed the
flick.

- Jordan
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Bill
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-01-2003
On 30 Jul 2003 12:17:29 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Jordan Lund)
wrote:

>Cernovog <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
>> Let me start off by saying that I was absolutely pleased at punch when I
>> walked out of the movie theater on opening day of Daredevil.

>
>Amazing... I was stunned at how bad Affleck was as Murdock. I mean, I
>figued the hard part would be buying him as DD. Not so! The worst of
>it when he was trying to play lawyer.
>
>BTW, what was he doing prosecuting the mob boss? Wasn't MM a public
>defender?
>
>The Daredevil stuff was fine, but the non DD parts just killed the
>flick.
>
>- Jordan



I thought killing the girl, killed the flick.

- Bill
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jordan Lund
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-01-2003
Bill <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..

> I thought killing the girl, killed the flick.


Well that HAD to happen because that's the way it was in the comics.
Miller built up this relationship between DD and Elektra over the
course of something like 14 months only to have Bullseye stab her
through the heart with one of her own weapons. The classic pose in the
film even comes from #181:

- Jordan
 
Reply With Quote
 
Bill
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-02-2003
On 1 Aug 2003 15:24:25 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) (Jordan Lund) wrote:

>Bill <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
>
>> I thought killing the girl, killed the flick.

>
>Well that HAD to happen because that's the way it was in the comics.
>Miller built up this relationship between DD and Elektra over the
>course of something like 14 months only to have Bullseye stab her
>through the heart with one of her own weapons. The classic pose in the
>film even comes from #181:
>
>- Jordan



I never read the comic, so I didn't know that.

It might make good comic book writing, but killing the girl is bad
screenplay writing. Just think how much Star Wars would have sucked,
had Darth Vader killed Princess Lea right before they escaped the
Death Star.

- Bill
 
Reply With Quote
 
W. Blaine Dowler
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-02-2003
Bill wrote:

> It might make good comic book writing, but killing the girl is bad
> screenplay writing. Just think how much Star Wars would have sucked,
> had Darth Vader killed Princess Lea right before they escaped the
> Death Star.


The comic character came back. You'll also notice that the necklace DD
found after Elektra's death had "Elektra" written on it in braille. She
may be dead now, but she's signed for a sequel and her own movie, and has
been while that ending was planned.

In comic books, if you're not Peter Parker's uncle, then death is only
temporary.

--
- Blaine

http://www.bureau42.com
ICQ: 24893016

We don't call them AOL Comics because of their AOL-Time Warner
owners, we call them AOL Comics because it bugs them.
-- Bill Jemas (of Marvel Comics) about DC

 
Reply With Quote
 
PeterTHX
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-03-2003

"W. Blaine Dowler" <(E-Mail Removed)42.com> wrote in message
news:3pEWa.609976$(E-Mail Removed). ca...
> Bill wrote:
>
> > It might make good comic book writing, but killing the girl is bad
> > screenplay writing. Just think how much Star Wars would have sucked,
> > had Darth Vader killed Princess Lea right before they escaped the
> > Death Star.

>
> The comic character came back. You'll also notice that the necklace DD
> found after Elektra's death had "Elektra" written on it in braille. She
> may be dead now, but she's signed for a sequel and her own movie, and has
> been while that ending was planned.
>


Hasn't ANYONE bothered to listen to the commentary?
Hell, they even JOKE about the entire scene, as well as the ways she can (&
will) come back.

Plus, they also point out that Elekra could have left him the necklace
BEFORE the incident.


 
Reply With Quote
 
BC
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-03-2003
In article <3pEWa.609976$(E-Mail Removed) >, "W. Blaine
Dowler" <(E-Mail Removed)42.com> wrote:

>Bill wrote:
>
>> It might make good comic book writing, but killing the girl is bad
>> screenplay writing. Just think how much Star Wars would have sucked,
>> had Darth Vader killed Princess Lea right before they escaped the
>> Death Star.

>
>The comic character came back. You'll also notice that the necklace DD
>found after Elektra's death had "Elektra" written on it in braille. She
>may be dead now, but she's signed for a sequel and her own movie, and has
>been while that ending was planned.
>
>In comic books, if you're not Peter Parker's uncle, then death is only
>temporary.


If you haven't died at least once in a comic book, you're not a proper
character at all...

<=[BC]=>
 
Reply With Quote
 
Bill
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-03-2003
On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 22:49:09 -0700, "PeterTHX"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>
>"W. Blaine Dowler" <(E-Mail Removed)42.com> wrote in message
>news:3pEWa.609976$(E-Mail Removed) .ca...
>> Bill wrote:
>>
>> > It might make good comic book writing, but killing the girl is bad
>> > screenplay writing. Just think how much Star Wars would have sucked,
>> > had Darth Vader killed Princess Lea right before they escaped the
>> > Death Star.

>>
>> The comic character came back. You'll also notice that the necklace DD
>> found after Elektra's death had "Elektra" written on it in braille. She
>> may be dead now, but she's signed for a sequel and her own movie, and has
>> been while that ending was planned.
>>

>
>Hasn't ANYONE bothered to listen to the commentary?
>Hell, they even JOKE about the entire scene, as well as the ways she can (&
>will) come back.
>
>Plus, they also point out that Elekra could have left him the necklace
>BEFORE the incident.
>


Why would I have listened to a commentary in a movie I've only seen
once? Do YOU usually watch a movie with the commentary on, the first
time through?

- Bill
 
Reply With Quote
 
Invid Fan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-03-2003
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Bill
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Why would I have listened to a commentary in a movie I've only seen
> once? Do YOU usually watch a movie with the commentary on, the first
> time through?
>

I have, if it's something I'm renting just for the comentary.

--
Chris Mack "Refugee, total ****. That's how I've always seen us.
'Invid Fan' Not a help, you'll admit, to agreement between us."
-'Deal/No Deal', CHESS
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: Holy Crap! Daredevil on DVD! Black Locust DVD Video 2 08-03-2003 05:53 AM
Re: Holy Crap! Daredevil on DVD! Scot Gardner DVD Video 5 08-03-2003 05:52 AM
Re: Holy Crap! Daredevil on DVD! rander3127@rogers.com DVD Video 0 07-31-2003 12:52 AM
Re: Holy Crap! Daredevil on DVD! Joe Liquor DVD Video 0 07-30-2003 06:27 AM
(Dutch) Review: Daredevil [2-DVD / DTS] DVD Specials DVD Video 0 07-20-2003 08:33 PM



Advertisments