Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Help getting a Logitech wireless mouse to work with FF 1.5

Help getting a Logitech wireless mouse to work with FF 1.5

The Waker

My bro has a wireless optical mouse (MX Duo) and I can't seem to get the
middle-mouse button to work properly within the program.

I can't get it to open links when I click a link, and I can't get the
autoscrolling to work. (And yes, everything needed within the browser and
extensions are checked).

I've tried setting the mouse to "Auto Scrolling" and "Universal Scroll", but
that didn't help. I tried to download new drivers from Logitech, but the
most recent ones are from 2004 and I already have them.

Anyone know what else I can do?

Thanks.

Aljosha Filippov

The Waker wrote:
> My bro has a wireless optical mouse (MX Duo) and I can't seem to get the
> middle-mouse button to work properly within the program.
>
> I can't get it to open links when I click a link, and I can't get the
> autoscrolling to work. (And yes, everything needed within the browser and
> extensions are checked).
>
> I've tried setting the mouse to "Auto Scrolling" and "Universal Scroll", but
> that didn't help. I tried to download new drivers from Logitech, but the
> most recent ones are from 2004 and I already have them.
>
> Anyone know what else I can do?
>
> Thanks.

What OS are you using (W*ndoze, Linux, Mac OS X etc)?

Leonidas Jones

The Waker wrote:
> My bro has a wireless optical mouse (MX Duo) and I can't seem to get the
> middle-mouse button to work properly within the program.
>
> I can't get it to open links when I click a link, and I can't get the
> autoscrolling to work. (And yes, everything needed within the browser and
> extensions are checked).
>
> I've tried setting the mouse to "Auto Scrolling" and "Universal Scroll", but
> that didn't help. I tried to download new drivers from Logitech, but the
> most recent ones are from 2004 and I already have them.
>
> Anyone know what else I can do?
>
> Thanks.

Try setting it to "middle button".

Lee

gwtc

Leonidas Jones wrote:

> The Waker wrote:
>
>>My bro has a wireless optical mouse (MX Duo) and I can't seem to get the
>>middle-mouse button to work properly within the program.
>>
>>I can't get it to open links when I click a link, and I can't get the
>>autoscrolling to work. (And yes, everything needed within the browser and
>>extensions are checked).
>>
>>I've tried setting the mouse to "Auto Scrolling" and "Universal Scroll", but
>>that didn't help. I tried to download new drivers from Logitech, but the
>>most recent ones are from 2004 and I already have them.
>>
>>Anyone know what else I can do?
>>
>>Thanks.
>>

> Try setting it to "middle button".
>
> Lee

and try updating the drivers.

Leonidas Jones

gwtc wrote:
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>
>> The Waker wrote:
>>
>>> My bro has a wireless optical mouse (MX Duo) and I can't seem to get
>>> the middle-mouse button to work properly within the program.
>>>
>>> I can't get it to open links when I click a link, and I can't get the
>>> autoscrolling to work. (And yes, everything needed within the
>>> browser and extensions are checked).
>>>
>>> I've tried setting the mouse to "Auto Scrolling" and "Universal
>>> Scroll", but that didn't help. I tried to download new drivers from
>>> Logitech, but the most recent ones are from 2004 and I already have
>>> them.
>>>
>>> Anyone know what else I can do?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>

>> Try setting it to "middle button".
>>
>> Lee

> and try updating the drivers.

Note, he said he tried getting updated drivers from Logitech.

Lee

gwtc

Leonidas Jones wrote:

> gwtc wrote:

>>>Try setting it to "middle button".
>>>
>>>Lee

>>and try updating the drivers.

> Note, he said he tried getting updated drivers from Logitech.
>
> Lee

Oh, so he did.

Flatus Ohlfahrt

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 17:40:27 GMT, gwtc wrote in
news:dnn0o7$2lbb$(E-Mail Removed):

> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>
>> gwtc wrote:

>>>and try updating the drivers.

>> Note, he said he tried getting updated drivers from
>> Logitech.
>>
>> Lee

> Oh, so he did.

I use a Logitech cordless with W2K.

I've never had the Logitech drivers for any of their devices
work properly. That said, the native Windows drivers from msft
work just fine and allow the center button functions. And, they
don't cause the crashes the Logitech variety did.

Flatus