Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re: Let TV do the de-interlacing of DVD signal??

Re: Let TV do the de-interlacing of DVD signal??

d a v e

"Raymond Chuang" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bem8br$3gt$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I wonder has anyone tried to use Samsung's latest DLP projection TV's to

do
> picture de-interlacing? On the HLN437W, HLN507W and HLN617W DLP RPTV's,

the
> TV can use its on-board Faroudja DCDi chip to de-interlace 480-line
> interlaced video from component video coming out of any DVD player,
> according to what the Samsung brochure says.
>
> Given the fact the DCDi chip is HIGHLY regarded for its de-interlacing
> capabilities, I wonder has anyone tried what I suggested from any DVD

player
> with component outputs with good results....
>
> --
> Raymond Chuang
> Mountain View, CA USA

go here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forum...?s=&forumid=63
and search for the sammy dlp. i'm sure somewhere you'll find opinions on
this...