Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Iria: Zeiram the Animation

Iria: Zeiram the Animation

Ped Xing

I saw this show a long while back on the SCI-FI channel, I believe. I
enjoyed it and it was added to my "to buy" list. But like all things that
I've already seen, they tend to suffer in comparison to things I have not
yet seen in priority. Anyway, I finally made up my mind to get it and lo
and behold, it appears to be out of print? Figures! Not the first time
this sort of thing has happened to me, too.

Anyone know why that has happened and if it will be re-released? A friend
of mine sent me a link where an all-region, import copy could be bought
from. Anyone know about such an edition?

Thanks!

Invid Fan

In article <Xns93B5E8CDFEDB4pedx1nglycoscom@140.99.99.130>, Ped Xing
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I saw this show a long while back on the SCI-FI channel, I believe. I
> enjoyed it and it was added to my "to buy" list. But like all things that
> I've already seen, they tend to suffer in comparison to things I have not
> yet seen in priority. Anyway, I finally made up my mind to get it and lo
> and behold, it appears to be out of print? Figures! Not the first time
> this sort of thing has happened to me, too.
>
> Anyone know why that has happened and if it will be re-released? A friend
> of mine sent me a link where an all-region, import copy could be bought
> from. Anyone know about such an edition?

It was one of CPM's first DVDs, or at least came in the first wave.
It's out of print most likely because it didn't sell well and when they
finally got the last copy out of the warehouse, it wasn't worth it to
do another batch. If the rights haven't reverted back to the Japanese,
I'm sure they'll re-issue it at some point. If CPM HAS lost the rights,
keep a lookout for who has the live action Zeiram films as they'll
probably snag the animation.

Till then, it shouldn't be too hard to find a copy on ebay and other
places. Hell, you could make an offer for mine, but the packrat in me
doesn't like to give up things unless the prices is heavily biased in
my favor

-'Deal/No Deal', CHESS