Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re: New 'Streets of Fire' Release

Re: New 'Streets of Fire' Release

Invid Fan

In article <1fxy7n8.1tszpzed2naf4N%(E-Mail Removed)> , Peter
Briggs <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Game Zone <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I just noticed an online vendor will be selling a new DVD version of
> > Streets of Fire in August 2003. It's being released by Pioneer
> > Entertainment. It has a different cover. Does anyone have any info
> > on extras, if it's a remaster, whether it's better quality than the
> > original,...

> I love the movie to bits. It is the LOUDEST film I ever saw a cinema,
> to-date. When I went for the third time, I was the only one in the
> Emppire Leicester Square (probably one of the best cinemas in the
> world), and the projectionist cranked the sound up to such levels, I
> could physically feel my rib-cage vibrating. It was incredible.
>
> (Do you recall there were even plans for a sequel? I think it was
> called "Tom Cody And The Second City")
>
> I remember at the time of the release on VHS that there was a second
> tape that had extended music videos and some extra material. Did any of
> that ever make it out on the LD?
>
> I'd buy a new version with extra material in a heartbeat.

For those who watch anime, this film had a big influence on the classic
cyber punk series Bubblegum Crisis. I haven't seen all of Streets of
Fire, but the opening concert scene was obviously the basis for the
concert in the first episode of BGC. (BGC was also influenced by Blade
Runner and the music video for the ASIA song 'Go'. I've yet to find a
copy of that one...)

-'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

My Daddy

"Invid Fan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:110720031748050056%(E-Mail Removed)...

> For those who watch anime, this film had a big influence on the classic
> cyber punk series Bubblegum Crisis. I haven't seen all of Streets of
> Fire, but the opening concert scene was obviously the basis for the
> concert in the first episode of BGC.

In addition to that, there was a slight Purple Rain influence on the
intro (to BGC). Dressing room scenes if I remember correctly (Been awhile
since I've seen either PR or BGC). Streets Of Fire is also animated for a
coupl'a seconds in Megazone 23 (the characters in that anime are watching
the movie).

--
Edshugeo The GodMoor
http://www.mp3.com/psychovoyager

The next time my d*ck has something to say, listen up.
- Dan Savage