Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Sign my dvd player is dying?

Sign my dvd player is dying?

Invid Fan

My Panasonic A310 is starting to give me problems. It's getting "lost"
on dvds. Selecting a menu item pauses the disc then sents it back to
the FBI screen, goes to third chapter when starting a movie, etc. Is
this the end?

-'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

Tarkus

On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 20:35:46 -0400, Invid Fan wrote:

> My Panasonic A310 is starting to give me problems. It's getting "lost"
> on dvds. Selecting a menu item pauses the disc then sents it back to
> the FBI screen, goes to third chapter when starting a movie, etc. Is
> this the end?

Before you set it out with the trash, try one of hose laser lens cleaners
from one of the more reputable companies. Most people don't recommend
them, but in your case, I don't see what it would hurt. I used one to
fix a CD player once that was experiencing similar problems.
--
"I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish!
Not like going down to the pond and chasing bluegills and tommycocks.

Now playing: "Needs "

Invid Fan

In article <(E-Mail Removed)9.com>, Tarkus
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 20:35:46 -0400, Invid Fan wrote:
>
> > My Panasonic A310 is starting to give me problems. It's getting "lost"
> > on dvds. Selecting a menu item pauses the disc then sents it back to
> > the FBI screen, goes to third chapter when starting a movie, etc. Is
> > this the end?

> Before you set it out with the trash, try one of hose laser lens cleaners
> from one of the more reputable companies. Most people don't recommend
> them, but in your case, I don't see what it would hurt. I used one to
> fix a CD player once that was experiencing similar problems.

I have one, using it not that long ago when my player was having
problems with image quality. I'll give it a try this time, but it just
seems more of a software issue then a lens problem this time.

-'Deal/No Deal', CHESS