Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re: Phone Booth spoiler on the cover!

Re: Phone Booth spoiler on the cover!

Phil7101

>What about the cover is a spoiler? The cover I saw showed the three
>leads. The publicity for the movie made no attempt to hide the identity
>of the three actors on the cover or their roles in the film.

Yes, but...SPOILER SPACE:

Keifer Sutherland does not physically appear until the last two minutes of the
film, at which point it's been made to look like he's been killed, and the
final twist of the movie is that he lives to do the same phone call again with
someone else. By showing his face on the cover, they're letting you know that
he's actually going to be seen in the movie, so it's going to be in the back of
your mind that he is going to show up at some point, and the "surprise" won't
work. He wasn't shown in the theatrical trailer or on the poster, I guess for
the rental market they consider it more important to show his face and get "24"
fans interested.

John Harkness

Jesus H. Christ.

Kiefer Sutherland is in the ****ing movie. His picture's on the cover
of the box.

If you think that anyone's out there going "oh my god, this mean's
Kiefer's going to physcially appear in the movie." you are ****ING
INSANE.

I'm sorry, I just had to respond.

John Harkness

On 04 Jul 2003 20:42:50 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)I6 (Phil7101) wrote:

>>What about the cover is a spoiler? The cover I saw showed the three
>>leads. The publicity for the movie made no attempt to hide the identity
>>of the three actors on the cover or their roles in the film.

>Yes, but...SPOILER SPACE:

>Keifer Sutherland does not physically appear until the last two minutes of the
>film, at which point it's been made to look like he's been killed, and the
>final twist of the movie is that he lives to do the same phone call again with
>someone else. By showing his face on the cover, they're letting you know that
>he's actually going to be seen in the movie, so it's going to be in the back of
>your mind that he is going to show up at some point, and the "surprise" won't
>work. He wasn't shown in the theatrical trailer or on the poster, I guess for
>the rental market they consider it more important to show his face and get "24"
>fans interested.

Brandon Fisher

"John Harkness" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Jesus H. Christ.
>
> Kiefer Sutherland is in the ****ing movie. His picture's on the cover
> of the box.
>
> If you think that anyone's out there going "oh my god, this mean's
> Kiefer's going to physcially appear in the movie." you are ****ING
> INSANE.
>
> I'm sorry, I just had to respond.

You should be, since you had to respond like a complete jackass. Have you
seen the movie? There IS a question as to whether or not the sniper is
going to actually make an appearance in the movie and since the screenshots
of Kiefer on the box account for the ONE scene he shows up in in the entire
movie, your comment is even more inane. Kiefer's VOICE is the third lead.
He is physically in the movie for maybe not even 1 minute.

John Harkness

On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 22:27:10 GMT, "Brandon Fisher"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"John Harkness" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Jesus H. Christ.
>>
>> Kiefer Sutherland is in the ****ing movie. His picture's on the cover
>> of the box.
>>
>> If you think that anyone's out there going "oh my god, this mean's
>> Kiefer's going to physcially appear in the movie." you are ****ING
>> INSANE.
>>
>> I'm sorry, I just had to respond.

>You should be, since you had to respond like a complete jackass. Have you
>seen the movie? There IS a question as to whether or not the sniper is
>going to actually make an appearance in the movie and since the screenshots
>of Kiefer on the box account for the ONE scene he shows up in in the entire
>movie, your comment is even more inane. Kiefer's VOICE is the third lead.
>He is physically in the movie for maybe not even 1 minute.

I've seen it. Standard twist ending. You can see it coming, oh, a mile
and a half off.

John Harkness

Phil7101

>Jesus H. Christ.
>
>Kiefer Sutherland is in the ****ing movie. His picture's on the cover
>of the box.
>
>If you think that anyone's out there going "oh my god, this mean's
>Kiefer's going to physcially appear in the movie." you are ****ING
>INSANE.
>
>I'm sorry, I just had to respond.
>
>John Harkness

Your dignity has turned up at the Lost & Found. Please pick it up asap, thanks.