Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re: Why does K-mart keep DVDs under glass?

Re: Why does K-mart keep DVDs under glass?

kaboom

On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 00:28:08 GMT, Aaron J. Bossig
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>kaboom <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
>> On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 15:44:40 -0600 (MDT), http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
>> (Maverick) wrote:
>>
>> >This is totally ludicrous! How does one expect to enjoy their DVD
>> >shopping experience, hindered by having a sales clerk unlocking the
>> >glass door while waiting for you to make a selection (VHS tapes are not
>> >under a lock & key). I rarely shop at K-mart, but this is ridiculous for
>> >anti-theft devices, DVDs have enough secure tags and tape on the box.
>> >
>> >I bet K-mart loses a lot of DVD sales.

>> **Like Stan said: It's because of theft.

>That would make sense, except... why do they display CDs on shelves two
>aisles over? If DVDs are a theft target, why not CDs? They're smaller and
>are often very high priced.

**Maybe it's a leftover from when DVDs were fairly expensive. But
you're right about the CDs. Or, perhaps, people are stealing far more
DVDs than CDs. Just guessing...

kaboomie