Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re: Why does K-mart keep DVDs under glass?

Re: Why does K-mart keep DVDs under glass?

The Demolition Man

Maverick ((E-Mail Removed)) previously said the following crap:
> This is totally ludicrous! How does one expect to enjoy their DVD
> shopping experience, hindered by having a sales clerk unlocking the
> glass door while waiting for you to make a selection (VHS tapes are
> not under a lock & key). I rarely shop at K-mart, but this is
> ridiculous for anti-theft devices, DVDs have enough secure tags and
> tape on the box.
>
> I bet K-mart loses a lot of DVD sales.

Not to mention video game sales. I just went to a local K-Mart
a week ago to pick up "Wing Commander: Prophecy" for the
Gameboy Advance. After trying for 20 minutes to get an employee
to get it out of the glass case so I could buy it, I gave up. Even
the person who appeared to be the manager on duty didn't seem
to care, he was too busy yacking on his cellphone.

A few days later ended up getting it at Gamestop for the same price.

--
The Demolition Man (formerly known as Angel C. Little)
A reminder to the world....

Jeeters

> Not to mention video game sales. I just went to a local K-Mart
> a week ago to pick up "Wing Commander: Prophecy" for the
> Gameboy Advance. After trying for 20 minutes to get an employee...

Yeah, but you can't blame just KMart. Walmart, Target, Sears, Ames, etc.
*all* keep their video game titles behind glass.
I remember Walmart had their DVDs behind glass when they first started
carrying them. They for some reason gave up on it, though. But for I've
noticed that for many box sets, they only put out the empty box and you have
to ask a clerk for a filled box.