Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Pre-order ?

Pre-order ?

ominousspiritous

Hi,

I am wondering for those who place pre-orders online who has the best
shipping record and when they actually charge your card for the order(When
the item ships or when you place the order).

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
jb

George

Been very happy with this site of late..good prices and excellent service.
Don't bill until ship either.

www.dvdpacific.com

"ominousspiritous"
<o123misssn456ous789spfdwweirit9887ofewfusYOURsaaa fsewqfCLaffadfOTHES@at654t
biYOURCLOTHEaaaaaaaaaSfds.c321om> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am wondering for those who place pre-orders online who has the best
> shipping record and when they actually charge your card for the order(When
> the item ships or when you place the order).
>
> Thanks for taking the time to reply.
> jb

Stan Brown

In article <OAIMa.976$I8.217@rwcrnsc53> in alt.video.dvd,
(E-Mail Removed)321om> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am wondering for those who place pre-orders online who has the best
>shipping record and when they actually charge your card for the order(When
>the item ships or when you place the order).

With all my railing against deepdiscountdvd, I think they're
generally pretty good when time is not of the essence.

I've pre-ordered two different box sets from them and each time they
shipped a couple of days before the street date and charged my
credit card upon shipment.

http://OakRoadSystems.com

Maureen Goldman

> "ominousspiritous"
>I am wondering for those who place pre-orders online who has the best
>shipping record and when they actually charge your card for the order(When
>the item ships or when you place the order).

I've been doing well dealing with http://www.dvdsoon.com of Montreal
for the past year. They charge your card when you place your order,
which I realize many people don't like. (Side note: They're in the
process of redoing their website, so some areas are a bit iffy at the
moment.)

Erik Harris

On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 21:18:05 -0700, Maureen Goldman
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I've been doing well dealing with http://www.dvdsoon.com of Montreal
>for the past year. They charge your card when you place your order,
>which I realize many people don't like. (Side note: They're in the
>process of redoing their website, so some areas are a bit iffy at the
>moment.)

I know they're in Canada, where this may not apply, but isn't there some law
in the US stating that companies can't charge your credit card more than a
day or two before a product is made available to you (i.e. shipped) without
your express consent? I know I've heard of such a law before, but it's also
entirely possible that I was duped by an urban legend. I also know that
many of the more shady on-line retailers aren't in the habit of following all
of the laws of commerce or rules of courtesy.

--
Erik Harris n$wsr$ader@$harrishom$.com
AIM: KngFuJoe http://www.eharrishome.com

The above email address is obfuscated to try to prevent SPAM.
Replace each dollar sign with an "e" for the correct address.