Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > XP Wireless Connect Problems on Startup (Reconnect and all works)

XP Wireless Connect Problems on Startup (Reconnect and all works)

Larry Neylon

Hi There,

I'm running XP on SP2 and recently changed my wireless card to a NETGEAR
MA521.

The problem I now have is that upon startup the Wireless Connection appears
to connect normally and I have a status of connected, but I have no internet
access.

If I disconnect and then reconnect all works perfectly.

I'm using Windows to handle the connections rather than the Netgear
software.

Has anyone seen this behaviour before ? If so does anyone know how to fix
it ?

Regards,
Larry.

jackspat2 jackspat2 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Neylon
Hi There,

I'm running XP on SP2 and recently changed my wireless card to a NETGEAR
MA521.

The problem I now have is that upon startup the Wireless Connection appears
to connect normally and I have a status of connected, but I have no internet
access.

If I disconnect and then reconnect all works perfectly.

I'm using Windows to handle the connections rather than the Netgear
software.

Has anyone seen this behaviour before ? If so does anyone know how to fix
it ?

Regards,
Larry.

I have the same problem, but with Linksys wireless adaptor. Have you found a fix yet?