Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > copy from RAM to +/-R using ezcd 6?

copy from RAM to +/-R using ezcd 6?

Phil Tomaskovic

I'm considering getting a Panasonic dvd-recorder (like the e50) which
records to dvd-ram and dvd-r. Suppose I have it write to a ram disc.
Assuming I can read the RAM disc on my dvd-rom drive (which it claims to
support), can I use the copy dvd utility that is part of Roxio Platinum 6 to
copy the ram contents to a +R disc? (I have an HP burner on my PC).

From looking at Roxio's support pages, it supposedy supports dvd-RAM (at
least writing) in the drag 2 disc program.(is that the same as direct cd)?

--
Phil Tomaskovic
Please remove NOSPAM from email return address.

Bruce Markowitz

Yes, but the resulting copy will be useless, as it will not play in
any player due to the format
You need to renamethe .vro file to .mpg, then import it into DVD
Workshop and create a DVD-R from there

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 05:09:44 GMT, "Phil Tomaskovic"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm considering getting a Panasonic dvd-recorder (like the e50) which
>records to dvd-ram and dvd-r. Suppose I have it write to a ram disc.
>Assuming I can read the RAM disc on my dvd-rom drive (which it claims to
>support), can I use the copy dvd utility that is part of Roxio Platinum 6 to
>copy the ram contents to a +R disc? (I have an HP burner on my PC).
>
>From looking at Roxio's support pages, it supposedy supports dvd-RAM (at
>least writing) in the drag 2 disc program.(is that the same as direct cd)?
>
>--
>Phil Tomaskovic
> Please remove NOSPAM from email return address.

Michael Skuczas

You will have to remember that video recorded to DVD-Ram is a different
format then DVD R/RW. If a video DVD is the result you want then read your
manual that came with your Roxio and see if it can convert DVD Ram video to
DVD video. But if you just want to move the files from the DVD Ram to DVD
R/RW then there should no problems.

Mike Skuczas